Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is it necessary to submit a survey?

More
6 years 10 months ago #155793 by tjsan
I have a survey that has a number of groups of questions. Each answer is allocated a score depending on the response. The final group presents a report based on an analysis of these scores.

The survey is non-anonymous and uses token persistence so the user can change the answers and therefore create a new version of the report at any time.

Is there any reason that the survey should not be Submitted? For example will it still be possible to extract the data for external reporting (with additional external code).
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago #155795 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Is it necessary to submit a survey?
Answers are saved whenever a respondent clicks the "next" button (moves from one page to the other).

So this means, if you use question-by-question mode results will be saved to the database whenever a respondent moves from one question to the next.

In group-by-group mode it is similar, whenever the respondent moves to the next group by clicking "next" the current answers are saved.

If you use all-in-one, then questions are only saved once the respondent submits.

However, if the respondent doesn't click on "submit" at the end of the survey, the response is not registered as completed. But you can have access to the none complete responses.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tjsan
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose