Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem with session and login

• ravgupta20
  • ravgupta20's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #151977 by ravgupta20
Problem with session and login was created by ravgupta20
Hello,

I am trying to install the latest version of LimeSurvey on our web server, but I am having problems with installation.

First I was having trouble with the session.save_path not being set. This caused the site to have load balancing problems; when I tried to login as an admin it would redirect too many times, and crash, but would login after a bit of wait.

To fix this, I changed the htaccess file to contain php_path session.save_path tmps, creating the file 'tmps' for the session.

However, after changing the htaccess file, I cannot login. I put in the correct login info, hit submit and it just redirects to the login form again. That's it, no errors or signs of failed login, it basically just redirects to an empty login page.

I tried looking into this, and it seems like it authenticates correctly, so there is no problem with login info or authentication. It just fails to register that I am logged-in when it tries to redirect after the login form is submitted.

I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem and figured out a solution?

Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152003 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Problem with session and login
This sounds rather like a server configuration problem than a Limesurvey problem. I never had to set a path to the session files in any installation of Limesurvey that I made.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ravgupta20
  • ravgupta20's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152172 by ravgupta20
Replied by ravgupta20 on topic Problem with session and login
Fixed! Just had to uncomment the table-based session in config.php
More
6 years 11 months ago #152185 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Problem with session and login

ravgupta20 wrote: contain php_path session.save_path tmps, creating the file 'tmps' for the session.

php_path session.save_path tmps is not a valid setting.
Switching to databasesession just ensured that this invalid setting was no longer needed.

To highlight one invalid part of the settting, take a look at the path.
tmps is not a path. Depending on your OS it might be /tmps or C:\tmps . Just a name cannot be seen as a valid path to a directory. The session.save_path is NOT just pointing to one file, but to a directory ALREADY existing. PHP is not creating the directory.

php.net/manual/en/session.configuration....ni.session.save-path

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose