Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Parse error: syntax error in /globalsettings.php

• crltec
  • crltec's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #144641 by crltec
Hi... I need help :(

I configured the conection to my Mysql server yet... but when I try to create the database in the inicialization step...

"The LimeSurvey database does not exist. Please run the install script to create the necessary database."

after that I clicked for create the database... PUUUUM! ERROR!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /var/www/html/myserver/public_html/limesurvey/admin/globalsettings.php on line 34

My server Is ubuntu 16.04.2, Linux version 4.4.0-45
LimeSurvey Version
$versionnumber = "1.92+";
$dbversionnumber = 155.5;
$buildnumber = '120919';

Thnaks :)
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #144645 by holch
This is a more then 4 year old, very outdated version of Limesurvey. Why would you want to install this???

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• crltec
More
7 years 4 months ago #144646 by crltec
Hi. ;)

because... I migrated our systems to another server... I was triying restore the old limesurvey files and configuration to the new server... but it have some errors.... Is the first time that I work wiht limesurvey... And I try a new instalation to learn more about it... I try the same version because I want to restore the old limesurvey files and I want to learn more before work wiht the old one.
  • holch
More
7 years 4 months ago #144647 by holch
It is possible that this old version is not compatible with newer servers. And I think it does not make sense to spend resources on searching for why this is.

Limesurvey has come a long way and has improved a lot since version 1.92+.

If you don't have important surveys and data in the old installation (which I hope you don't, because you would have been running a unpatched software for more than 4 years now), then I would just forget about this old thing and go for a new installation. If the new interface 2.55 is not for you, you can first try to go for 2.06 LTS (I think it is called 2.6 LTS now, I have no idea why). But support for this will run out, so probably best to get familiar with 2.5 already.

Should you have important surveys that you need to move, then things get a little bit more complicated. You might not be able to upgrade the database directly from 1.92 to the newer versions, but might have to go through several steps in between. But I have no idea about that. Denis wrote something about this in a post just today or yesterday, explaining the steps you will have to take.

But supporting a 4 year old version that had 3-4 major releases in between is not really feasible. This is like wondering why Windows 3.1 is causing problems when trying to install it on new and up to date hardware. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• crltec
More
7 years 4 months ago #144648 by crltec
:) I´m going to follow your advice :) , let me try wiht a more recent version ... If it doesnt works... mai could be the privileges, or something like that ... >.< I don´t know

Thanks for the help :) take a great day

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose