Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4

• wdeagleman
  • wdeagleman's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141319 by wdeagleman
Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4 was created by wdeagleman
Hi,
my provider(1und1) updated apache from 2.2 to 2.4. Since, I am not able to send e-mails via SMTP. The provider told me, there are maybe script conflicts.
Any clue or help?
Thanks in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago #141321 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4
That is very, very vague. I am also not sure what impact an update from 2.2 to 2.4 should have on sending emails via SMTP.
Of course it is very easy for them to say there might be a "script" problem, because that way they do not have to investigate.

Here a few points that we should clarify:
- When you say you are not able to send emails via smtp, is this general or ONLY in Limesurvey? Have you tested sending emails via SMTP in other ways?
- What exactly does it mean, you are not able to send emails? Any error messages? What type of emails (invitation, general system emails from Limesurvey, etc.)
- What Limesurvey version are you running? What is the PHP version your server is running?
- Does sending emails with other methods work?
- any other detail that might be of interest?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• wdeagleman
  • wdeagleman's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141666 by wdeagleman
Replied by wdeagleman on topic Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4
Holch, thank you for your effort and the questions which should help to solve me problems.

I switched the eMail method from SMTP to Sendmail and everything works fine (invitations to attend a survey and the follow up eMails).
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 6 months ago #141683 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4
Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4 make no difference for LimeSurvey. Then your hoister make surely another change about smtp.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose