Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Get an attribute in all [prefix]_tokens_[surveyID] tables

• cavo789
  • cavo789's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175008 by cavo789
Hi all

(just for info, I'm French speaking so if it's more convenient to answer in French, it's also perfect for me ;-))

Today I was facing an optimization problem : I need to retrieve a list of teachers and, too, a list of "project leader".

Every survey in our current installation are linked to a classical training session (in a classroom with up to 8 trainers). And training is linked to a module that are grouped into a training project so we've a project leader.

In terms of LimeSurvey, we've one [prefix]_tokens_[surveyID] table by the survey. If we've 1500 surveys... 1500 tables.

My problem concerns the optimization : the project leader name is stored in a field `attribute_12` so, if I need to retrieve the list of all project leaders, I'll need to read 1500 tables.

I can do this with a SELECT attribue_12 from #_tokens_survey1 UNION SELECT attribue_12 from #_tokens_survey2 UNION SELECT attribue_12 from #_tokens_survey3 UNION ...

So making a very big union with all tables.

Even if it works (tested with 20 surveys) it's really not optimized at all.

I was speaking about trainers : their names are stored in fields attributes_2 up to attributes_9 (8 trainers) so my big UNION select will be really big.

Does someone has an idea on how retrieving all my project leader / all my trainers without creating an expensive SQL statement ?

THANKS !

(My current statement is already a stored procedure with a loop)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by cavo789.
The topic has been locked.
  • cavo789
More
5 years 6 months ago #175332 by cavo789
Hi all

Small "up"

Does someone has an idea how to achieve this?

Thanks
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175337 by DenisChenu

cavo789 wrote: Does someone has an idea how to achieve this?

Personnaly : no …

Ifi need such system maybe add a cron system (php cli is really quicker than web)

Alt solution : create a new table with sid/token/leader and each time a token is saved : add/update this information in the table. But you need to add previous information before. (see github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...Log/AuditLog.php#L99 for such plugin usage)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • cavo789
More
5 years 6 months ago #175437 by cavo789
Thank you DenisChenu.

So let's go in a first instance for creating a cron job.

In a second step perhaps I'll give a try to creating a plugin for LimeSurvey. I'll search the net if there is any tutorial. Thanks for the links on Github; saved in my project's documentation.

Have a nice day!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose