Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How do I disable the cache?

• ekelerregendste
  • ekelerregendste's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174621 by ekelerregendste
How do I disable the cache? was created by ekelerregendste
Im trying to develop a theme and can not find any setting to disable the cache! I'm overriding the custom.css with gulp in my fruity_extend override.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174625 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic How do I disable the cache?
If by "disable the cache" you mean bypass the assets manager so all files are served directly from the theme directories, set debug =1 in /application/config/config.php.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #174636 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How do I disable the cache?

ekelerregendste wrote: I'm overriding the custom.css with gulp in my fruity_extend override.

I'm interested to have it in plugin or merge request in master ;).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 6 months ago #175469 by minakshisondule
Replied by minakshisondule on topic How to Completely Disable Cache in Google Chrome
If you want to completely disable the Google Chrome cache, the setting is hidden in the developer options. Here’s how to access it in the Windows, OS X, and Linux versions.

Select the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner, then select “More tools” > “Developer tools“. You can also get to this screen by pressing Ctrl + Shift + I for Windows and Linux or Command + Option + I for Mac OS X.
The Dev Tools window appears. Select “Network“,
Check the “Disable cache” box.

Like the setting says, you’ll have to keep the DevTools window open at the bottom of the screen for the cache to remain disabled. Drag the bar down if you need more area to work with on the top portion of the browser window.

I am working as an Android Developer having an experience of 5 yrs in this field.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose