Database export

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 9 mois #130622 par Tomtefar
Tomtefar a créé le sujet : Database export
Hi,

I am currently creating a survey with LimeSurvey (which is a great tool). However, I have some complex needs to calculate and visualize the results. I want to export the data to another tool (with ODBC connection to the database) and perform the calculations and visualizations there.

I have looked in the database and I think I understand the structure. In the exported result I want the rows with answers, test ID, token ID etc. Then I want to link this to the questions table so I know what questions corresponds to what answer. This is where I get lost. I have the necessary information in the survey column head to key them together but I do not know how to key columns heads with table rows. And due to the data mass it is not an option to transpose the survey table.

Is there anyone who has a solution to this problem?

Very grateful for help!
Regards,

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 9 mois #130634 par DenisChenu
DenisChenu a répondu au sujet : Database export
Hi,

Think best is to use Remote control : api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol_handle.html

Let limesurvey do the job for you.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 9 mois #130642 par Tomtefar
Tomtefar a répondu au sujet : Database export

DenisChenu écrit: Hi,

Think best is to use Remote control : api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol_handle.html

Let limesurvey do the job for you.

Denis

Thank you for the reply! The problem is that I am not much of a programmer. My thought was to export it to QlikView or Excel or similar. How do I make use of the Remote control? Which tool should I use?

I came up with one solution that could probably work. I was hesitant to transpose the data if Excel were used for example due to the amount of rows. But if I extract the data to Excel, transpose it into something like:
Test ID ; id (of participant) ; token ; Group ID ; Questions ID ; Sub question ID ; Response ; Recalculated respone ; Etc.
So that there is one row for every answer in every test. Then I upload it to a new database with a massive table for all answers in all tests. Then I use what every tool I like and make queries to that database and the visualize it. Would this be a good solution? If not, why?

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 9 mois #130643 par DenisChenu
DenisChenu a répondu au sujet : Database export
If you want a click/view : use CSV export ...... from admin GUI.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Commencez dès maintenant !

Créez simplement un compte et commencez à utiliser LimeSurvey dès aujourd'hui.

Inscrivez-vous maintenant

Inscrivez-vous à notre Newsletter!