Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token Attributes in Email Template

• wiz561
  • wiz561's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118960 by wiz561
Token Attributes in Email Template was created by wiz561
I have some additional fields added to my tokens and would like to insert those values into an e-mail template. In my e-mail template, I click the 'replacement field properties' button and add the "Token attribute: attribute_1" field into the template. The variable gets added and have this...

Subject: {ATTRIBUTE_1}

The "{ATTRIBUTE_1}" part is also in yellow in the email template.

When the E-Mail gets sent out, all the other variables are replaced except for my additional field attribute fields. The email just shows "Subject: ATTRIBUTE_1" instead of what is actually in the attribute_1 field in the tokens.

Does anybody know why this is happening? Is there something that I missed?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #118965 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token Attributes in Email Template
Tokenattributes are always addressed as {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}, etc. otherwise Limesurvey would look for a question with the code "ATTRIBUTE_1".

I am not sure if the token attributes can be used in the email templates though, but I think they can. However, only the way described above.

manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#Email_placeholders

Looking here it also offers the {ATTRIBUTE_1}, but I am not sure if this is an mistake in the manual.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• wiz561
  • wiz561's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118966 by wiz561
Replied by wiz561 on topic Token Attributes in Email Template
Thanks for the response. I had to edit the variable by the show source option, so I really don't know what's going to happen.

According to the manual, it looks like it can be done and those are the other fields in the manual (IE: firstname, lastname, etc) as 'attribute_1'. But then the section below it says something different.

I replaced 2 of the 4 variables as you suggested to see what happens. Now I just have to wait for a survey to come in...

Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose