Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change number by text in 5 point choice question

More
9 years 1 month ago #117023 by astig
Hi,

Is possible change label text at 5 point choice question (not array)?

I'd like change it, for example: display "Sus informaciones no han aportado dato fiable" instead 1.

Thanks!!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 1 month ago #117032 by tpartner
Use a list-radio type question instead of 5-point and create your own labels.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
9 years 1 month ago #117040 by astig
If I use list-radio type question, can I obtain numeric values (1 a 5) as a answer instead label text? This is my problem, because of this I tried to use 5 point choice question.

Thanks!!
  • holch
More
9 years 1 month ago #117056 by holch
You need to export correctly. You can export "Full answer text" or "codes". have a look at your export.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 1 month ago #117068 by astig
Perfect!! It works fine when administrator reviews the results, but if I like to display the result adding an equation question when the user is filling the survey, how can I do it?
Searching in other topics I've seen that is possible use sum(q1,q2) when they're numeric answers but I'll have text values and it won't work.

Thanks!!

Excuse my ignorance...
  • holch
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #117069 by holch
So you want to use the answercode instead of the answer for your equation? Then you need to address the question correctly in the EM. usually if you address it with the question code, you should get the answer code. If you use questioncode.shown, you get the actuall answer as it has been visible to the respondent. Have a look at the EM manual:

manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...efits_of_using_EM.3F

Point 6 should be what you are looking for. I recommend to read through the whole page though, because it will give you quite a good idea of how EM works and it gives some good examples to understand things better.

You might need questioncode.code. But for me, if I use the question code, it usually gives me the code anyway.

Maybe you can give us an example of what you are trying to do (how your questions look like and how your expression looks like).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by holch.
More
9 years 1 month ago #117104 by astig
I attach my example. It has got 3 questions,

1: Type list (radio)
2: Type list (radio)
3: equation. Here I want to sum question1 code and question2 code and store it. This question is not visible to end user (now), but the value must be export in survey's results.

Thanks!!
More
9 years 1 month ago #117106 by astig
It works!!! Finally I've used an equation question with this code: {sum(questioncode1.NAOK, questioncode2.NAOK)} and the result is shown in survey.

Thank you very much!!!
  • holch
More
9 years 1 month ago #117117 by holch
Great that it works!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose