Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Seperate the welcome page from the survey in all in one format

• davidg1982
  • davidg1982's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189519 by davidg1982
I want to separate my welcome page from the rest of the survey to reduce confusion in the "All in one" format. Ideally, I would like to have a button to begin the survey on the next page and have the question portion be all one page. Is that possible?

Example (see attachment) : I've enabled All in one, and the survey is awfully close to the welcome page. It is causing confusion.

Link to survey: survey.ifmc.co
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #189520 by Joffm
Hi,
create two groups
1st group: your welcome page realized as text display
2nd group: all questions.

Show "group by group".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • davidg1982
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189521 by davidg1982
Is that possible on a survey that is live?

Edit...I found out that it was not.

Since it isn't. How do I widen the gap there?
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by davidg1982.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189525 by holch
The link to the survey doesn't work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• davidg1982
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189526 by davidg1982
What country are you from?
At any rate, I've disabled the GeoIP firewall for now.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by davidg1982.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189527 by holch
Brazil. Now it works.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• davidg1982
More
4 years 6 months ago #189528 by davidg1982
Yeah, I limit the access to our infrastructure based on geo-ip. Really filters out a lot of other traffic that doesn't need to have access to it.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189530 by holch
Had a quick look. I think separation is already quite clear, given that the questions actually only appear, when you say "Yes" to the first question.

Just one thought: at the beginning you state quite clearly, that the answers are confidential.

At the end you ask for comments with the possibility to be published. I think you might want to highlight a little bit more, that the responses to this question might NOT be confidential anymore. In theory it should be quite clear to anyone, but we all know how people are: "But you said it is confidential. I didn't know that if you publish it, people will see it..." ;-)

But, as you have a lot of text in the welcome text, I would probably also want to separate it from the other questions on a different page. Then, as Joffm said, you would have to use "group by group" mode and probably restructure your survey a little bit. But shouldn't be a big deal.

You could actually create 3 groups:
1. Welcome page
2. Questions (confidential)
3. Questions that might be published

• holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189531 by holch

Yeah, I limit the access to our infrastructure based on geo-ip. Really filters out a lot of other traffic that doesn't need to have access to it.

Makes total sense if this survey is really only targeted to people from your county. As long as they are not travelling. ;-)

• davidg1982
More
4 years 6 months ago #189532 by davidg1982

holch wrote: Had a quick look. I think separation is already quite clear, given that the questions actually only appear, when you say "Yes" to the first question.

Just one thought: at the beginning you state quite clearly, that the answers are confidential.

At the end you ask for comments with the possibility to be published. I think you might want to highlight a little bit more, that the responses to this question might NOT be confidential anymore. In theory it should be quite clear to anyone, but we all know how people are: "But you said it is confidential. I didn't know that if you publish it, people will see it..." ;-)

I can make that more clear. Thank you.

holch wrote: You could actually create 3 groups:
1. Welcome page
2. Questions (confidential)
3. Questions that might be published

I've already started on that in a dev version, but that means an entire redesign of the survey. That's a bunch of work and not sure it is going to increase competition rates. The whole intention was to make it clearer and easier to complete; and I was worried about one little gap I identified. I think the All in one format does what I want...which is less turning of the page, then I should get more completions?
As of right now, some 40% were dropping off, and my theory was the number of turning the pages. We'll see if the All in one helps.
I am already 115 respondents in. I have to be careful of what I do.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189537 by holch
In my experience it is less the turning the page but rather the type of questions that cause dropouts. Your survey is short, so I don't see much of a deal.

And a drop out rate of 40% is actually quite good, depending on how you recruit and how you count it.

For example, we do some big studies on the websites of automotive manufacturers. We contact people via a layer that pops up (depending on the traffic we set different contact rates, so not everyone will be invited to take part) and from the pop-up appearing to the finished survey we have completion rates of 2-6% (at least 10 years ago, don't know today). That means of every 100 that actually see the layer with the invitation only 2-6% make it to the end of the survey. Of course the biggest drop off is from the layer to the first page of the questionnaire and from the first page to the first question.

Once they are in the questionnaire and take part, the participation rate is relatively high (can't remember how high). But the biggest drop off happens at the beginning. People want to know what it is about, but then just leave it. Fair enough.

Once in the questionnaire, the questions that usually receive the biggest dropout rates are long array/matrix questions or open end questions, in my experience.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidg1982
  • Joffm
More
4 years 6 months ago #189539 by Joffm
Just to widen the gap you could place the whole welcome and explanation stuff into the question text.
Here you are free to style.
And you can change text in an active survey.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidg1982

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose