Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 jours 14 heures #179119 par nh905
nh905 a créé le sujet : Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected
I am running Version 3.15.5+181115. I have a 'ranking' question where respondents select up to three options from a list. I have a follow-on 'ranking' question where they get to pick at most one from what they selected in the first question. I created the answer options for the second question using expressions similar to "{G2Q1_x.shown}".

Everything works fine from the respondents perspective but when I look at the submitted response, the answer to the second question contains the expression, rather the substituted text (see attachment). I am seeing this in 'Display responses' and when I export the data ('Full Answers').

Is there a way to get the submitted response text? I can work around the problem by post-processing the exported data but that could introduce errors.

Thanks, Norbert
Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 jours 14 heures #179120 par DenisChenu
DenisChenu a répondu au sujet : Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected
Yes, but you need to create 3 equation question for this.

For the 1st rank ,create equation and put inside {RANK_1.shown}.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 jours 12 heures #179129 par nh905
nh905 a répondu au sujet : Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected
Hi Denis, I think I did that. The first 'ranking' question (G2Q1) has a bunch of static answer options. The second 'ranking' question has three answer options which reference the 0-3 options that the respondent selected. I attached a screenshot of the second question definition. When someone completes the survey, the resposne saved in the database is one of the expressions, rather than the question 1 options that the expressions point to.

I freely admit that I am very new to Expression Manager, so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks, Norbert
Pièces jointes :

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 jours 6 heures #179138 par nh905
nh905 a répondu au sujet : Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected
I attached an export of a simple survey that demonstrates the issue. Everything looks fine when the respondent completes the survey, but the saved data for the second question is a pointer to the answers to the first question.
Pièces jointes :

Plus d'informations
il y a 5 jours 21 heures #179145 par DenisChenu
DenisChenu a répondu au sujet : Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected
No, you don't

Fichier attaché :

Nom du fichier : limesurvey...tion.lss
Taille du ficher :23 ko

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Pièces jointes :
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: nh905

Plus d'informations
il y a 5 jours 11 heures #179157 par nh905
Hi Denis, thanks for the working survey example. I created a bunch of hidden questions of type Equation to resolve the computed answer options and the survey is going live shortly. I also found the section in the manual under the Expression Manager. I think the wording could be clarified and emphasised to avoid the LimeSurvey user from expecting that 'what you see is what you get'.

Commencez dès maintenant !

Créez simplement un compte et commencez à utiliser LimeSurvey dès aujourd'hui.

Inscrivez-vous maintenant

Inscrivez-vous à notre Newsletter!