Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adjusted age calculation

• Tascja
  • Tascja's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178183 by Tascja
Adjusted age calculation was created by Tascja
Hello, I'm trying to include an equation type question that calculates the adjusted age of the respondent's child. I have a question "CurrentAgeMth" that already calculated their chronological age in months (ie. today's date - child's date of birth).

I'd like to calculate their adjusted age if the child is younger than 2 years old and more than 3 weeks premature. If the child isn't premature or if the child is older than 2 years old I'd like CurrentAgeMth to display.

Q10DDate is a List(radio) question to determine if the child was premature (answer option 2).
Q10B4date is a List(radio) question to determine the number of weeks premature.

I've written the following equation but it doesn't work if the child isn't premature (line breaks added for clarity). ie. no value is shown if Q10DDate is not 2.

{if(Q10DDate !=2,CurrentAgeMth,
if((CurrentAgeMth)>24,CurrentAgeMth,
if((CurrentAgeMth)<24 AND (Q10B4date)>2, ((date("Y",(time()))-date("Y",strtotime(Q1dob)))*12+(date("m",(time()))-date("m",strtotime(Q1dob)))+((date("d",(time()))-date("d",strtotime(Q1dob)))/30)-(Q10B4date*(12/52))),CurrentAgeMth)))}

Any idea what I'm writing wrong in the equation?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #178196 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Adjusted age calculation
I think you are missing the final result (if Q10B4date) >= 2) indicated by "xx" below.

Code:
{if(Q10DDate != 2 OR CurrentAgeMth > 24, CurrentAgeMth,
  if(CurrentAgeMth < 24 AND Q10B4date > 2, ((date("Y",(time()))-date("Y",strtotime(Q1dob)))*12+(date("m",(time()))-date("m",strtotime(Q1dob)))+((date("d",(time()))-date("d",strtotime(Q1dob)))/30)-(Q10B4date*(12/52))),CurrentAgeMth, 
    xx))}

Also, you have a condition for CurrentAgeMth > 24 and CurrentAgeMth > 24b but what about CurrentAgeMth == 24 ?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Tascja
  • Tascja's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178252 by Tascja
Replied by Tascja on topic Adjusted age calculation
Thanks so much! I'll need to add a condition for every possible answer combination then

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose