Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Capitalization of "no answer" option

• rikatechdoku
  • rikatechdoku's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #177754 by rikatechdoku
Capitalization of "no answer" option was created by rikatechdoku
Hi,

The "no answer" option seems to be capitalized in English "No answer" and in Frensh "Sans réponse" but not in German "keine Antwort".

Besides the fact that this is not consistent, I would anyhow like to have the control over whether it is capitalized or not. Is this already possible without messing with the code? I am asking because I could not find it. Did I overlook it?

Thx & regards, S.

I'm using the hosted LimeSurvey Pro version (at least 3.15) on LS servers, AND also the locally installed xampp version as well (at least 3.15).
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #177774 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Capitalization of "no answer" option
Those things are saved in the language files. You would need to "translate". However, LS is open source, so you can make suggestions to the translation. Just find the string and make a suggestion to change the translation, and see if it is approved or not. You can use the same credentials as for the forum to login:
translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesurvey-3/

However, I just checked for the translation German-Informal and all strings with reference to "No answer" are capitalized ("Keine Antwort"). Checked for just "German" and you are right, it says "keine Antwort". It is a small inconsistency, but you can suggest it to be changed.

On the way I found a real grammatical error in one of the strings and corrected it. Hopefully it will be in the next release.

However, if you want full control over what your answer options are saying, don't use the "no answer" from Limesurvey, but create your own answer option "no answer", then you have total control over the text, its formatting and its translations.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • rikatechdoku
More
5 years 3 months ago #177778 by rikatechdoku
Replied by rikatechdoku on topic Capitalization of "no answer" option
ok, thx for the info! I will go with my own "no answer" answer. :-)

I'm using the hosted LimeSurvey Pro version (at least 3.15) on LS servers, AND also the locally installed xampp version as well (at least 3.15).
  • holch
More
5 years 3 months ago #177779 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Capitalization of "no answer" option

ok, thx for the info! I will go with my own "no answer" answer.

OK, so I assume you did not suggest a correction of the string in the translation files? I'll do that then myself.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• rikatechdoku
More
5 years 3 months ago #177780 by rikatechdoku
Replied by rikatechdoku on topic Capitalization of "no answer" option
thx, no, I have a bit of stress today. thx again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose