Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Next button not working in certain group of the survey but the Enter key works

• artasom
  • artasom's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175146 by artasom
I have a survey developed in LimeSurvey 2.06 (latest version). The first group has one question that is used in a second group to filter the number of visible answers in two arrays. Both arrays have the same filtering done via Relevance equation. In this second group, if I click the 'Next' button, the same group of questions is reloaded! Only if I click the Enter button on the keyboard the survey proceeds...
I have tried a couple of different templates (basic and default) and also a couple of browsers (Chrome and Firefox) but with the same outcome.
Has anyone come across this issue before? I attach the survey structure.
Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175148 by holch
It is always good to provide the full version, because experience shows that there are loads of "latest versions" out there. ;-)

Your version is pretty old and had 2 major releases since then (2.7x and 3.x). So very few people actually have such an old version to test.

And with your description it is also pretty difficult to identify the error.

That said, I would export the survey as LSS file and import it again to see what happens. Sometimes there is an error in the survey and the export / import process makes things work again. At least worth giving it a try.

If this doesn't work, use the generated copy of the survey, delete the question group that is causing the problem and create it new and see what happens. Before you create it from scratch, you can always also first export the problematic question group as a LSG file and after deleting the original group, you can import the exported group and see what happens. If this doesn't help, delete the group and create it new from scratch.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• artasom
More
5 years 6 months ago #175149 by artasom
Thanks for your reply, holch.

I am currently using the latest 2.06 available at www.limesurvey.org/downloads/category/24-archived-releases (limesurvey206plus_build160129.zip), which I cannot update because of the version of mysql available currently where the installation is hosted.

I have tried to export the survey and reimport it with the same result in the 2.06 installation. If I try to import the survey in another testbench I have with a version 2.72.4+171110, the 'next' button works as expected. So it seems to be related to the version.

I have tried reducing the number of rows in the array from 50 to 5 and it seems I do not get the error now in the 2.06 installation; so maybe at some point there is an issue with a 'high' number of rows. I'll keep investigating.

Thanks you again for your tips.
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175151 by holch
There have been newer versions of the 2.06 branch (but only for people with the comfort update).

And Denis is still maintaining a fork of this branch. He posted a link to it just this week here in the forum.

So if you consider continuing to use this branch, I would look into this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: artasom
  • artasom
More
5 years 6 months ago #175152 by artasom
Thanks a lot for this information, I was not aware of that fork!
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175153 by holch
I'm not saying that this will resolve your problem though. I think I have a running installation of the 2.06+ LTS branch somewhere. I will see if I can test your survey there over the weekend.

More
5 years 6 months ago #175155 by jelo

holch wrote: And Denis is still maintaining a fork of this branch.

LimeSurvey GmbH closed the old branches on GITHUB. Only LS3 is maintained.

Denis is offering a fork of the LS 2.06 branch (which was later renamed into 2.6.X) here:
github.com/SondagesPro/LimeSurvey-SondagesPro

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • artasom
More
5 years 6 months ago #175156 by artasom
'Thanks for the link, jelo.
Holch, curiously enough, if I reduce the number of rows in the array questions to 40, the 'next' button works also in the 2.06 version.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #175158 by DenisChenu

artasom wrote: 'Thanks for the link, jelo.
Holch, curiously enough, if I reduce the number of rows in the array questions to 40, the 'next' button works also in the 2.06 version.

It's not related to LS version : its' related to your host configuration

See manual.limesurvey.org/Troubleshooting#Af...d_not_be_verified.27

Then check max_input_vars or suhosin

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • artasom
More
5 years 6 months ago #175160 by artasom
Hi Denis. Thanks a lot for this information. I wonder which terms of search I had used before, as none of them brought me to that link... Which matches exactly with what is happening to me.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose