Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration problems using SONA Systems

• lg068014
  • lg068014's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #172481 by lg068014
Hello,

I have encountered an error with Limesurvey while using it in connection with SONA Systems.

Background is as follows: I am tasked with conducting an online survey over Limesurvey that, after completion, grants students a certain amount of credits on SONA Systems. To set up the integration I followed the steps described by SONA Systems ( www.sona-systems.com/help/limesurvey.aspx ). SONA Systems successfully directs the participants to the Limesurvey survey. The problem arises after the participants finish the survey and click on the final 'submit' button. The redirection link back to SONA Systems does not seem to work, because the final PASSTHRU bit in the end URL is cut out by limesurvey.

The End URL saved in Limesurvey is like this:
yourschool.sona-systems.com/webstudy_cre...ey_code={PASSTHRU:id }

But the actual redirection URL after submitting is:
yourschool.sona-systems.com/webstudy_cre...f9b638a&survey_code=

Note that the {PASSTHRU:id} part is missing, although it is properly saved in the settings. Thus far, I contacted SONA Systems support and they could replicate the problem. After thorough checking, the SONA Systems part seems to work completely. It must be a Limesurvey problem. Professional Limesurvey Support declined to help. Hope some of you have an idea what the source of the problem could be.

For clarification:
1. limesurvey.yourschool.edu/index.php?r=su...-en&id=%SURVEY_CODE% was used in SONA Systems as direction link to Limesurvey (this works)
2. In Limesurvey, the option "Automatically load end URL when survey is complete" is set to "yes"
3. In Limesurvey, the End URL is properly saved as stated above (with the PASSTHRU parameter at the end)
4. In Limesurvey, a panel integration parameter named "id" (all lower case; matching the PASSTHRU parameter exactly) was created and saved.
5. Limesurvey Version is 3.13.2+180709 (matches manual instructions on SONA Systems)

As I said SONA Systems support also suspects an error on the Limesurvey side, since trial and error testing with them over several days showed that on their side, everything works as it should.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 8 months ago #172485 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Panel integration problems using SONA Systems
Do you have a hidden question with code "id"?

If so, have you tried this:

Code:
https://yourschool.sona-systems.com/webstudy_credit.aspx?experiment_id=123&credit_token=4e48f9b638a&survey_code={id}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #172487 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Panel integration problems using SONA Systems
shouldn't survey code be "sid" rather than "id"?
  • tpartner
More
5 years 8 months ago #172494 by tpartner

shouldn't survey code be "sid" rather than "id"?

Don't think so, it looks like lg068014 is prefilling a question "id" with the survey entry URL.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 8 months ago #172504 by jelo
Looks more like a bug in LimeSurvey with PASSTHRU.
The EndURL is a evergreen when it comes to regression.

I never use PASSTHUR since the data is then lost.

As Tony suggests, you should create e.g. a equation question at the beginning of the survey and hide it.
Assign the id value to that question. Then use the questioncode of that question (can be id) and use it in the EndURL {Questioncode}.

That way you got the id saved in your responses too and perhaps it it shown in the EndURL too.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • lg068014
More
5 years 8 months ago #172570 by lg068014
Replied by lg068014 on topic Panel integration problems using SONA Systems
Okay, thanks for the feedback.

@tpartner: I will try that URL with only "id" at the end. Let's see if it works out.

@jelo: I would love to do that, but the survey is already active and I cannot add questions anymore. Any more ideas?
  • holch
More
5 years 8 months ago #172592 by holch
I would save the current responses, export them to have them secure. Then deactivate the survey, include the additional question. This problem should have appeared during the test phase. Things like panel integration should always be tested. It is always a tricky thing (not only in LS) to integrate external applications. This needs to be tested thoroughly before the field start.

Now you need to do what is possible. I think the best way is to deactivate the survey, make it right and then reactivate it. Most probably you can even import the old response table again.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• lg068014
More
5 years 7 months ago #172885 by lg068014
Replied by lg068014 on topic Panel integration problems using SONA Systems
Of course, I tested before activation, but the problem code did not show up back then. I am hesitant to deactivate the survey, because I am afraid that it will create even more problems with the panel integration. I also do not know how the SONA Systems side will react to deactivating and changing the survey. Also, I do not know if the additional question "id" and then changing it in the survey end URL will actually work.
  • tpartner
More
5 years 7 months ago #172886 by tpartner

Also, I do not know if the additional question "id" and then changing it in the survey end URL will actually work.

That can easily be tested in another survey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose