Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adding a special number to the response summary screen

• Winocll_48635
  • Winocll_48635's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
6 years 1 month ago #164757 by Winocll_48635
I am trying to get the response summary screen to show "completes", which will count how many people answered the last question (which has the label "lastq").

I tried something that yielded this...

To get the above i edited the file...
limesurvey/application/views/admin/responses/browseindex_view.php

How can i reference the number of people who answered the last question (lastq) in that file?
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #164758 by Joffm
Hi,
which version of LS are you talking about?
The blue bar lets me think of something like 2.05, 2.06

In the versions 2.50+ you get this screen

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Winocll_48635
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
6 years 1 month ago #164762 by Winocll_48635
Replied by Winocll_48635 on topic Adding a special number to the response summary screen
I get the same screen...but i have edited the file that produces the screen to have an extra count for "Completes" which i am trying to define by those who answered the last question (lastq).
  • holch
More
6 years 1 month ago #164768 by holch
So the difference of your "completes" to the "LS Completes" is that they have seen the last question? Because if they have answered the last question, they are registered as "completes" by LS anyway. So I don't really see why going through all of this hassle.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 1 month ago #164774 by jelo

holch wrote: Because if they have answered the last question, they are registered as "completes" by LS anyway.

I don't think that is the case.
Answering the last question VS. submit survey is not the same. Think about the Endmessage.
You have quite often a completed survey (in terms of answered questions), but marked as incomplete by LimeSurvey. Many people are in such a hurry that they don't press submit at the end.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
6 years 1 month ago #164777 by holch

Many people are in such a hurry that they don't press submit at the end.

But if they don't press submit, the last question does not get saved in the database either, correct? Because afaik the end message only shows up once you hit submit. So if you reach the end message, you are a "complete". If you don't hit submit, the last question will not be saved in the data base. This leads me to the conclusion that everyone who has answered the last question is the same as everyone that is complete. But I might be wrong.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
6 years 1 month ago #164786 by jelo

holch wrote: Because afaik the end message only shows up once you hit submit. So if you reach the end message, you are a "complete".

You're right. I got it a bit wrong with the submit button.

If you have a optional question at the end (e.g. emailadress for more infos, prizes etc.), people often just close the survey instead of move forward without entering anything. That way they don't reach the submit button and the completed flag is not set.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Winocll_48635
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #164835 by Winocll_48635
Replied by Winocll_48635 on topic Adding a special number to the response summary screen
Those who answer the last question (lastq) are different from what limesurvey already reports because of screener questions. If they answered the last screener question and are screened out of the rest of the survey they are still considered 'complete' by limesurvey. That's why i want the # of people answering the last question to be reported.

In the file...
limesurvey/application/views/admin/responses/browseindex_view.php
...i added a line...
<tr><th><?php eT("Completes"); ?></th><td><?php echo "{lastq.shown}"; ?></td></tr>
...which is not correct. I need to know how how to pull in how many answered the last question (lastq) where i have {lastq.shown}
  • holch
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #164842 by holch

If they answered the last screener question and are screened out of the rest of the survey they are still considered 'complete' by limesurvey.

Good point! Didn't think of that.

• holch
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #164843 by holch
I am not sure if there is a solution for this. But I think we really need to discuss the concept of "Screening" for Limesurvey. Just using zero quotas does the trick, but only half of it, as we can see in this case.

I think this should be a feature request!

• Joffm
  • Away
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #164848 by Joffm
Hi,
in a small running survey I see the following

Total responses: 12 (everybody who started the survey)
Total surveys completed: 11 (so 1 respondent just closed the browser)
Full responses: 9 (real completes)
Incomplete responses: 3 (screenout or closed the browser)

So I can calculate that there are (11-9) screenouts

And here I see that a screenout is not counted as complete (page 3 is the screenout question):

But in the participants list it is counted as completed (a screened out respondent cannot participate again)
So you could insert into that file "limesurvey/application/views/admin/responses/browseindex_view.php" something like:
Code:
<tr><th><?php eT("Real screenouts"); ?></th><td><?php echo ($tokeninfo['completed'] - $num_completed_answers); ?></td></tr>

Translation needed, but:

Joffm

But of course I fully support the wish for a better screenout management.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Joffm.
  • Winocll_48635
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #164859 by Winocll_48635
Not quite what i need.
You were able to pull a variable fromt he tokens. Is there a way of pulling a variable from the survey? Because what i need is to pull in "lastq" from the survey...but i need the number of people answering it. Maybe something like...
$surveyinfo

Also, are there any variables similary to "$num_completed_answers" that could help with this?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose