Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dynamic tailoring problem

• gaborieau
  • gaborieau's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #164296 by gaborieau
Dynamic tailoring problem was created by gaborieau
First of all, Hello everyone ! Hope that you're having a good day!

I have an issue with a questionnaire of mine for which I already spent few hours at understanding the cause.

The context : I have some question where I ask people to specify some "purpose" for moving - Long free text. This specific purpose is then used by EM to tailor future questions - mainly arrays.
All these are on the same question group and same page.

The issue : the dynamic filling of array that should occur when typing this "purpose" inside the text box is not working. The label remain empty and some of my logic just isn't updated real-time.

Some information :
1/ when going second page of the questionnaire and going backward, everything works fine, my labels are filled with the user-input text. Same if I try to go second page but stay on the first because some conditions ar not met. So I don't consider it a syntax error.
2/ actually the questionnaire which have this issue works well on another install of LS, on a different machine. I did use the import feature to load it on a new LS install/new machine

So there is something i don't get. I imagine some issue with onchange, onkeyup etc function but can't find the real cause.
Is there some hidden confguration option i missed? do i need to see with my server administrator if he can do something ?

I can give access to the two relevant online questionnaire so you can try by your own, but I would prefer to keep the links private.

Thanks in advance :)

Stein
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #164298 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Dynamic tailoring problem
If I create a question (long free text) P1 and enter something there
this is displayed in the next array A1 with subquestion 1 : {P1}

Please, provide a sample survey (*.lss)

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Joffm.
  • gaborieau
More
6 years 1 month ago #164299 by gaborieau
Replied by gaborieau on topic Dynamic tailoring problem
I will (PM), but I don't see how it can help as I explained that the survey is running fine on one server and not on the other...
  • Joffm
More
6 years 1 month ago #164300 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Dynamic tailoring problem
You said

I have an issue with a questionnaire of mine for which I already spent few hours at understanding the cause.

The issue : the dynamic filling of array that should occur when typing this "purpose" inside the text box is not working. The label remain empty and some of my logic just isn't updated real-time.

Now you say

as I explained that the survey is running fine on one server and not on the other...

what is something quite different.
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • gaborieau
More
6 years 1 month ago #164301 by gaborieau
I apreciate your help and thus don't want to be rude, but I think my first post is clear enough. Partial citations won't give you right on this.
  • holch
More
6 years 1 month ago #164305 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Dynamic tailoring problem
Hahahaha, this begins to get funny. I am getting popcorn. Would be suprised if you get helpful response with this attitude, in a forum that is mainly run by volunteers...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 1 month ago #164311 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Dynamic tailoring problem

2/ actually the questionnaire which have this issue works well on another install of LS, on a different machine. I did use the import feature to load it on a new LS install/new machine

What versions of LimeSurvey are running on the servers?
I would recommend to import viceversa. If the imported survey, which is not running correctly, is reimported to the first LimeSurvey installation, you can check if the surveystructure has issues.

Currently I would expect, that you don't use the exact same version of LimeSurvey on both installations.
So you might experience a bug in that LimeSurvey installation.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • gaborieau
More
6 years 1 month ago #164351 by gaborieau
Indeed, i'm running version 2.52 of LS where the problem occurs; The working survey is on LSv2.72.5.
I'll contact my administrator to get it updated (the ComfortUpdate is also buggy) and see how it goes. I'll let you know once i'm done

Thanks

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose