Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

troubleshooting relevance equation problems in 3.0.x

• jboogie21
  • jboogie21's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #162795 by jboogie21
The quick question is it unadvisable to import LSS files with quite a bit of relevance/validation code from previous versions of LS (as far back as 2.06)?

A longer explanation is that I've imported LSS files created in previous versions ( 2.06, 2.6) to the latest 3.x build. The surveys have a lot of relevance equation code. The import goes through fine, but when I click into the survey and click to various questions that have the code, it displays some Qcode variables as "undefined." If I click to view the survey logic file it clears up most of the issues. For example, something simple like (currentintervention == 1) where "currentintervention" is undefined in corrects itself after the survey logic file runs. But something more complex like ((intNoofSibs.NAOK > "0") and (sibCondtions_Sib1.NAOK == "Y")) won't clear up until I view the question and resave it without make any other changes.

This seems like a bug that I will report once I get confirmation from the sages in the forums.

I'm using the latest version 3.0.5+180118, however my problem has persisted since 3.x.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 3 months ago #162804 by jelo

jboogie21 wrote: The quick question is it unadvisable to import LSS files with quite a bit of relevance/validation code from previous versions of LS (as far back as 2.06)?

Older LSS should be importable in new versions of LimeSurvey.

The 3.X seems to be still not ready to import all kind of older LSS. LSS exports from the current LTS LimeSurvey version is important. There were already some bugreports around importing LSS. So feel free to open a bug ticket.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #162830 by LouisGac
Hi jboogie21,

One of the biggest change between 2.x and 3.x is the replacement engine.
It seems that we've lost some keywords in the operation, and we're putting them back one by one.

e.g: bugs.limesurvey.org/bug_change_status_page.php

Could you please open a new bug report for your problems?
Joining lss files would be very useful.
  • jboogie21
  • jboogie21's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #162849 by jboogie21
Thanks, and my goal for today is to submit a bug report with a sample lss file soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose