Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Submit/Next button not working

• bulwer
  • bulwer's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #157869 by bulwer
Submit/Next button not working was created by bulwer
Hi All,

Just started playing with LimeSurvey and I have hit a weird problem that I thought I would easily find a solution for but unless I am missing something, I can't find anyone else with this problem. I started with an XAMP installation and have now set up a full SQL Express/IIS version and still have the same problem.

When I add a survey, it all looks fine and passes logic tests. But when I try and execute it, either the Next button or the submit button won't do anything. I have got it working on another survey but this one survey will not work and I did have the issue when trying to setup another test survey. They are quite basic, a few free texts and some drop downs and all seems fine but I just cannot navigate past the first question group. If I show all groups together, I can't use Submit. And my most recent attempt resulted in not getting past the introduction.

I have tried Chrome and IE and several machines but it seems like once the survey breaks, it stays broken. Am I missing something obvious? I am sure the install is fine as one survey works perfectly - although I had to delete it and start again from scratch as it had the same issues to start with. But something I am doing seems to irreparably break a given survey and I have no idea why.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 7 months ago #157874 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Submit/Next button not working
What LimeSurvey and template are you using?

Can you attach an exported copy of the survey?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
6 years 7 months ago #157875 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Submit/Next button not working
Can you export the survey as .lss and post it here, so we can have a look if this happens on other installations as well?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• bulwer
More
6 years 7 months ago #157910 by bulwer
Replied by bulwer on topic Submit/Next button not working
Here you go. I did wonder about templates as I changed it to Orange but I have recreated in the default template. I have a nagging suspicion that I am missing something obvious but can't see what it is.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 7 months ago #157932 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Submit/Next button not working
You have <form> elements in both the survey description and welcome message. Remove those and the survey works fine.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulwer
  • bulwer
More
6 years 7 months ago #157947 by bulwer
Replied by bulwer on topic Submit/Next button not working
That makes perfect sense now you say it - someone had set the survey up in Google Surveys which we don't allow access to so I replicated it in LimeSurvey. As it was quite wordy, I copied and pasted the text and must have picked up some form tags. Many thanks for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose