Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Import survey fails

More
7 years 7 months ago #139984 by fabma
Import survey fails was created by fabma
Hey,
I'm new to limesurvey and created one survey on limeservice. Now I've installed limesurvey on my opensuse box with apache and I tried to import the survey (lss and txt). I always get the error:

Import survey data

Error

An error occurred uploading your file. This may be caused by incorrect permissions for the application /tmp folder.

I've tried
Code:
chown -R wwwrun:www limesurvey
and
Code:
chmod -R 777 wwwrun:www limesurvey/tmp
without any change.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem or how to get more details about the failure. The apache log files do not contain any useful entry.

Many thanks!
fabma
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #139994 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Import survey fails

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 5 months ago #143617 by karlgezer
Replied by karlgezer on topic Import survey fails
Hi Guys, I have the same issue: An error occurred uploading your file.

I'm struggling to get the import function working on my installation of LimeSurvey on a Synology DiskStation. I have tried SSH command of chmod -R 777 on the tmp directory, but it made things worse - the whole thing stopped working! Now after reinstallation, it's working again but still can't import surveys. I can however import the surveys on LimeService. Any suggestions?

The manual says "For example, using Apache HTTPD on CentOS, use chmod -R 755 <directory> ; chown -R apache <directory>.", but I'm using Apache HTTP server 2.2 (Synology Web Station) on Synology's DSM 6.0.2 (their own custom version of linux). Is "apache" a recognised user on this system, if I used the command "chown -R apache <directory>". Just want to be sure before I kill my LimeSurvey system again...

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose