Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

end survey if the same answer for a short text questions is given

• IoSmith
  • IoSmith's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #83077 by IoSmith
Hello.
I have an anonymous survey with a short text question. I want to end the survey if the same answer for the short text question has already been given from a previous user.
Is it possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 8 months ago #83119 by tpartner
A solution may be to use JavaScript to select a radio option in a hidden question if the short-text equals your value. You can then apply a quota of 1 to the hidden radio question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
11 years 1 month ago #91552 by dweisser
I think the requirement "from a previous user" would preclude the use of javascript.
Make no mistake, I'm a noooooooo...oooooob. And no coder. But this question relates to a problem I have as well.

I'm doing a 360 survey. So I have tokens and attributes set up such that each token (rater) relates to a specified Ratee (For example, five survey takers or raters each have a token attribute like "Direct Report, "Peer", etc. They each also have a token attribute called Ratee email address. For these five raters, that token attribute displays the SAME email address. In this way, I know who each rater is rating. And I can use expression manager to assure that the rater knows who he or she is rating).

So my issue is that I need to go thru all the tokens, identify those tokens associated with the Ratee's email, and print that count to the Self assessment. So, when the Ratee goes in to take his/her own self assessment, that person will see, "hey - five other people are going to rate you as well."

I'll have to link to the database, and check the records, return the appropriate count, and print the count in a text display question.

I think this is a similar process required to achieve the objective of checking for a previously left response. If there was a solution discussed for this problem, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.
David

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose