Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Calculation challenges

• SerenityLater
  • SerenityLater's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #192930 by SerenityLater
Calculation challenges was created by SerenityLater
I cannot seem to get Limesurvey to calculate from a radio multiple choice. I have done this before, but for some reason it does not seem to work. Is it possible that it is not working because the values are not unique.

Here is a copy of the question (type and format) and the calculation - sorry about it

File Attachment:

File Name: Limesurvey...ment.csv
File Size:2 KB

Q-58 *PDS40 1 I don't gossip about other people's business.
[QID 1085] Question attribute Value
List (radio) [L] display_columns 1
statistics_showgraph 1
A[0]-1 A1 [VALUE: 1] 1 - Not True
A[0]-2 A2 [VALUE: 1] 2
A[0]-3 A3 [VALUE: 0] 3
A[0]-4 A4 [VALUE: 0] 4
A[0]-5 A5 [VALUE: 0] 5 - Very True
G-4 Results 1
[GID 101]
Q-60 *R02 1 You scored a sum(PDS21 + PDS22 + PDS23 + PDS24 + PDS25 + PDS26 + PDS27 + PDS28 + PDS29 + PDS30 + PDS31 + PDS32 + PDS33 + PDS34 + PDS35 + PDS36 + PDS37 + PDS38 + PDS39 + PDS40) out of 20 on the Impression Management (IM) Scale.
[QID 1022] The Impression Management (IM) scale represents a well know category of social desirability measures aimed at the crude form of dissimulation known as faking or lying. Respondents are asked to rate the degree to which they typically perform various desirable, but uncommon, behaviors. If the respondent claims an over-abundance of these unlikely behaviors, the respondent may be exaggerating and purposely trying to impress the assumed audience, that is, the test administrator.
Equation [*] When obtained from normal populations under no pressure to engage in impression management (i.e., “low demand”), IM scores are best given a substantive, rather than stylistic interpretation. That is, the scores indicate personality traits, not bias.
In other contexts, the respondent is under pressure to engage in impression management (i.e., “high demand”): the IM scale’s hypersensitivity to situational self-presentation demands is the key to its utility as an indicator of context differences in pressure toward impression management. In other words, individual scores under the high demand conditions can be more safely interpreted as conscious distortion.
For a non-criminal population, your IM score indicates that you if(R02.value < 2, "have LOW impression management and that you are likely consciously distorting your answers to make yourself appear worse than you believe yourself to be.", if(R02.value < 8, "have AVERAGE impression management and are likely to not be distorting your answers.", "have HIGH impression management and are likely consciously disorting your answers to make yourslef look better than you believe yourself to be."))
Question attribute Value
equation sum(PDS21 + PDS22 + PDS23 + PDS24 + PDS25 + PDS26 + PDS27 + PDS28 + PDS29 + PDS30 + PDS31 + PDS32 + PDS33 + PDS34 + PDS35 + PDS36 + PDS37 + PDS38 + PDS39 + PDS40)
statistics_showgraph 1
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #192931 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Calculation challenges
Hi,
the only thing I can say, is
sum(PDS21 + PDS22 + PDS23 + PDS24 + PDS25 + PDS26 + PDS27 + PDS28 + PDS29 + PDS30 + PDS31 + PDS32 + PDS33 + PDS34 + PDS35 + PDS36 + PDS37 + PDS38 + PDS39 + PDS40)
is wrong syntax.

As you read here
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...mplemented_functions

the syntax of the "sum" function is
sum Calculate the sum of values in an array number sum(arg1, arg2, ... argN)

Everything else I am not able or not willing to read, sorry.

Please, attach a lss export.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • SerenityLater
  • SerenityLater's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #192970 by SerenityLater
Replied by SerenityLater on topic Calculation challenges
Thank you. It was actually two issues.
One was syntax
The other was I needed the .value to make it work.

I appreciate your fast reply.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 2 months ago #192976 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Calculation challenges
But you did not mention that you were using assessment values.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose