Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

EQ-5D

• poehzhaw
  • poehzhaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #191030 by poehzhaw
EQ-5D was created by poehzhaw
Dear LimeSurvey Community,

my first post, regarding the implementation of the EQ-5D instrument in LimeSurvey.

According to the EuroQoL website (the organization behind EQ-5D), the EQ-5D is available in a version for LimeSurvey. The staff at the EuroQoL office said they would provide some "code" but were unable to provide any more details on what this "code" would look like (presumably HTML and Javascript) or how to get the EQ-5D into LimeSurvey.

Has anyone previously implemented the EQ-5D in LimeSurvey using the official EuroQoL module and could share their experience if/how this works from a LimeSurvey point of view? (Of course, if someone has implemented their own solution, I'd be very happy to hear about this, too).

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Cheers,
Johannes
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #191032 by holch
Replied by holch on topic EQ-5D
I had no idea what EQ-5D is up until now. So I am by no means close to being an expert. But from what I see and understand, this is a standard questionnaire.

I would ask them, what it means "provide some code". Because if they provide a complete LSS file, there is little for you to do despite importing the file into your Limesurvey installation.

I also highly doubt that many people here have experience with the tool and those that have experience with it are probably not often in the forum.

So I would recommend to talk to the guys at EuroQoL. But maybe you are lucky and someone will show up. I don't want to complete exclude this possibility.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
4 years 5 months ago #191033 by holch
By the way, they have some demo surveys here:

euroqol.org/eq-5d-instruments/sample-dem...r-use-in-limesurvey/

The question with the 0-100 scale is the only question that might require some coding in Limesurvey, because it is the only one (in version 3L that I looked at) that you don't have out of the box in Limesurvey, as it is displayed.

So I assume that they will give you a LSS file for you to import into your Limesurvey installation, but I think they will be able to answer that question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago #191040 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic EQ-5D

holch wrote: The question with the 0-100 scale is the only question that might require some coding in Limesurvey, because it is the only one (in version 3L that I looked at) that you don't have out of the box in Limesurvey, as it is displayed.

I think i see @tparner advice on formum for this question.

/me sometimes are angry by LimeSurvey user coming at forum asking for help for a not free system.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #191043 by holch
@denis: Yeah, this was one of my thoughts that it is quite ridiculous to charge license fees for such a questionnaire, that should be actually free to use for as many people as possible. But hey, we have to live with that. Once you decide to support OSS you will be confronted with a lot of people that take advantage of the system, without contributing. But maybe those people at EuroQoL are donating on a regular basis to LS, who knows.

@poehzhaw: so let's wait for Tpartner to show up, he might be your guy.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by holch.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #191046 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic EQ-5D
> Once you decide to support OSS you will be confronted with a lot of people that take advantage of the system, without contributing.

Yes, i know this, and it's clearly not a real issue for me, but my annoyance comes more from the volunteer help that we bring ... :)

> EQ-5D, HELPING THE WORLD MAKE BETTER HEALTH DECISIONS™.

Lol … tm on this sentence … a better decision MUST be always : «knowledge is free and must be disseminated»

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: LOL
  • poehzhaw
  • poehzhaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #191063 by poehzhaw
Replied by poehzhaw on topic EQ-5D
Hi all,

Thanks very much for your quick and helpful responses.

I'll be in touch with the EuroQol folk again regarding what exactly they will provide but I'm under the impression that their technical acumen is, well, a bit limited.

In their defense, they don't actually charge for a license. However, they are very specific about the exact reproduction of their instrument in the form used for validation with patients. They provide such an exact reproduction for a couple of platforms, including LimeSurvey. That's why I asked about previous experience with the tool.
More
4 years 5 months ago #191067 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic EQ-5D
There news announcement is implying that the LimeSurvey Project is involved.

The EuroQol Research Foundation and LimeSurvey are happy to announce that EQ-5D modular versions are now available for LimeSurvey users.

euroqol.org/eq-5d-modular-versions-now-a...able-for-limesurvey/

@poehzhaw: As holch already stated, you will most likely receive a LSS survey file to import and perhaps a theme file as well. You might ask for infos about the developer of the LimeSurvey file.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195685 by LSFan1
Replied by LSFan1 on topic EQ-5D
That's exactly my experience with them - I received LSS and the them files to import, so that works great as stand alone survey. The issue that I still encounter and I don't think it's supported by LimeSurvey yet is the themes mix if I want EQ-5D be a part of another survey. If anyone has an idea or knows how to apply a theme at question or question group level and not survey level - please post it her.
  • holch
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195688 by holch
You are probably better off to apply their theme to the rest of the survey, rather than anything else. Or you would have to see what they did for their special questions to work and incorporate it into your theme. Probably a lot of work.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose