Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How can I ask a yes/no in the participant table

• elseeising
  • elseeising's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #190643 by elseeising
I have a survey with public registration and a participants table. I would like to ask each participant whether they would like to receive follow-up emails with results from the survey, and whether they would like to receive invitations for similar research in the future. I would like to be able to send these emails based on information in the participant table, and not in the main survey. Therefore, I want to include these questions as yes/no questions as attributes in the participants table.

I would prefer these questions to be closed questions, so I won't have to interpret all possible writings of yes and no, and anything else people might fill in otherwise.

Is it possible to add yes/no questions in the participant table? Or alternatively, is it possible to send automated emails based on answers in the main survey?

I'm using limesurvey version 3.19.2.
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 4 months ago #190666 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic How can I ask a yes/no in the participant table
Maybe you could:
1 - Create questions on the survey.
2 - Use this plugin to update the tokens.
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/updateTokenByResponse/

Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • elseeising
  • elseeising's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #190736 by elseeising
Replied by elseeising on topic How can I ask a yes/no in the participant table
Thank you Gabriel! The plugin would be a good solution.

I am using LimeSurvey through my work account, where the plugin will affect all surveys that are build there. Our administrator wonders how we can configure the plugin so that it won't affect other surveys that use token attributes. For example, would it be required to give questions very specific question codes (like A1_28935702398 instead of A1) so that it is unlikely that they will appear in other surveys?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Else
  • gabrieljenik
More
4 years 4 months ago #190746 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic How can I ask a yes/no in the participant table
Hi,

I believe that plugin has settings at survey level, so the setup would be survey by survey (please double check(.
Still, I suggest to install on a test environment first as to play around with it.

Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #190748 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How can I ask a yes/no in the participant table
The global settings are "default" for all token survey.

Then : just don't set a global settings : no default for all surveys …

And you can set survey by survey.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: And you can set survey by survey.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose