Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Attach file to outgoing survey

• theendeavorist
  • theendeavorist's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #189314 by theendeavorist
Attach file to outgoing survey was created by theendeavorist
Hi peeps!

Is it possible in LS to attach a file(s) to an outgoing survey. Since there are some question in the survey that are connected to the content of these files.
I was thinking of several scenarios but perhaps there are some who already done this and know the answer.

Thanks (again) for your help!
The topic has been locked.
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #189317 by elissa
Replied by elissa on topic Attach file to outgoing survey
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is what you need, but you can attache files to the invitation message. Go to survey settings > Email templates and click add file.

Regards

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: theendeavorist
  • holch
More
4 years 5 months ago #189323 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Attach file to outgoing survey
You can also display the files directly in the surve in an iframe if you want to, or you just provide a link where they can download the files, from within the survey (e.g. in the welcome message or directly in the question where they need the files).

But this is all speculation, because you didn't explain very well, how the files are required in the survey, so there is not much we can do than to give generic ideas. If you give us more information on what you are trying to do exactly, we might be able to give more specific help.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: theendeavorist
  • theendeavorist
  • theendeavorist's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #189325 by theendeavorist
Replied by theendeavorist on topic Attach file to outgoing survey
Thank for the input so far. We are currently automating the way our user is using limesurvey surveys.

Scenario:

User selects a (pre-defined and made by us) survey template to send out. However, some of these surveys require additional information to be included. The user therefor needs to add a/some documents.

In other words, our user don't have access to the backend to attach files. It needs to happen when the user starts to send out a selected survey.

I was thinking of somehow starting the survey with a survey question like: Need to attach file? - With a Yes or No.
When Yes is selected, the user can upload a file and then the file(s) is then uploaded and attached to the outgoing/selected survey when clicking submit.

When No is selected, the survey is sent out after clicking submit (/send/whatever/...)

I think and hope this explains the situation a bit more :)
  • holch
More
4 years 5 months ago #189326 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Attach file to outgoing survey
Oh, OK, this is not on survey level, but on survey creating level. I guess this will require some custom coding and specific knowledge on how this process actually works on your servers. Check if someone from the Limesurvey Partners (limesurvey.com) can help you develop a plugin or something.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose