Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Open Survey - anonymized - but then optional confirmation email to participant

• christianlangkamp
  • christianlangkamp's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #188311 by christianlangkamp
I have a survey, the link of which I will send around to various people.

It should be anonymous, and I do not want to take care of emails, especially as I might get hacked, and then don't want to be responsible for the emails.

The assigning of numbers and passwords is great, and it works.

However it would be great to email this out using a non-saved question. I.e.
'if you put your email here, we will send you the tokennumber and the passwordnumber, and you can later on access your data, but we will not save the email'

The subsequent question would be how to effect such confirmation emails on an anonymized survey.

Not sure if this a new feature or already implemented basically in the standard as part of the thank you message.

Best wishes
Christian
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 7 months ago #188312 by holch
Sorry, but I don't really get what you trying to do. How do you suppose that Limesurvey sends emails without using (and thus saving) the email? It has to be saved somehow, but could later be deleted.

LS does not have this feature.

What do you mean with that? Are you referring to

What exactly do you mean with "confirmation email"? For me the confirmation email is the email sent at the end of the survey to respondents, confirming that they have finished the survey. But I have a feeling that you do not mean this email.

So actually it is quite unclear what you are trying to do. Could you elaborate a little bit more on what you are trying to do?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 7 months ago #188313 by gabrieljenik
I think this is a good case for a plugin.
I would:
- Use public registration with an anonymized survey.
- Review the info that is left on the tokens table, after the invite is sent.
- Have a plugin to ammend that info as to make it anonymous.

If public registration is not smoething you like, you could use this plugin:
www.encuesta.biz/en/product/limesurvey-invite-from-survey/

If need help with the plugin building, please contact me at gabriel@encuesta.biz.

Thanks

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 7 months ago #188370 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 7 months ago #188405 by Joffm
Hi, christian,
here some explanations.

I have a survey, the link of which I will send around to various people.

You are going to send the generic link (like: www.myServer.de/survey/index.php/228362?lang=de to some participants - an open survey without tokens.

So there is no email anywhere.

Here you talk about the case that the participant wants to stop and resume later, don't you.
He is asked to enter some credentials like a username and a password. These are values he likes, he thinks will be useful, or whatever.
Only if the participant is afraid to suffer from Alzheimer disease he may enter an email address where these credentials are sent to.

These credentials are not saved in the answer table, but in a different table of the database ("lime_saved_contol").
If the participant continues later and completes the survey these data are removed from this special table.
Like this

'if you put your email here, we will send you the tokennumber and the passwordnumber, and you can later on access your data, but we will not save the email'

The email is only saved as long the participant did not complete the survey.

So this is not a problem at all. This is the standard behaviour.

The other thing is that - as I understood - you want to sent some other things to the participant. Here the participant has to enter his email address which has to be stored in the answer table. Unfotunately LimeSurvey has no feature to send an email "in the middle " of the questionnaire, as some other tools have (e.g. in CATI interviews the interviewer sends a mail to the respondent during the interview to be able to visualize something).
This way you would have the chance to send the message and later - with a question of type "equation" you empty the field where the email address was stored. There was a question like this some time ago in the forum.

In LimeSurvey you can only use one of the both types of confirmation email or you use the plugin pdf-report to send a customized report of the participant's answers. But these are sent after completion.
If you are a bit experienced with php you could use an ajax call to send during the survey.
But as long we do not konw more about this - what you are going to send - I cannot say more.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 7 months ago #188412 by DenisChenu

Joffm wrote: (e.g. in CATI interviews the interviewer sends a mail to the respondent during the interview to be able to visualize something).

In my opinion : it's something really strange …

1. I don't remind the RFC, but the max email time (before have an alert) of SMTP is 4 hour
2. My server have greylisting, then 1st email take a minimum of 5 minutes

=> email are a protocol for slow information … not to do to show something during a survey …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose