Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New to Lime Survey - Question about Tokens in URL querystring and Resume Later

• Archer101
  • Archer101's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #185037 by Archer101
Hello,

I am new to LimeSurvey. I need to figure out the following very quickly. We are a small call center.

* Can you place the token into the URL query string? - If yes, How?

* How does resume later work for our environment? A rep makes a call and they need to call back on a later date. We can multiple calls and enter in multiple of surveys before calling back that respondent. We will need to resume where we left off from the original call. Does LS work like this? How do I use the token to resume into the proper record?

Thank you for any help!

Laurie Esposito
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #185041 by holch

Can you place the token into the URL query string? - If yes, How?

Not sure what you mean with this exactly. But given that you are a call center, I assume you want to get around the email invitation.
This is possible. Once you have a token table, go to this token table and if you click on the little wheel you will see the link for the survey, how it looks like and where the token comes in. Based on this template you can create links including the token via Excel. I described that once in the manual, but I couldn't find it lately, probably someone reworked the manual and deleted my workaround. Have a look, maybe you'll find it.

The second question is also possible. Set "token based response persistance" to on and when you open the link (no matter from which computer or who does it) the survey should start from where the survey was left off (of course only to the point that was sent to the database, so everything entered to the last open page without submitting will be lost).

As long as the token is different for each person, you should be able to run your operation as you wanted to.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Archer101
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #185047 by DenisChenu
For call center : best is to add newtest=Y to url then the "token is not the same" don't apear.

The url can be done easily example.org/1234?token={token}&newtest=Y

Replace 1234 by your survey id and {token} by the token needed (then in your tool).

Else : for a call centre : i made a fork of another tool some year ago : github.com/Shnoulle/telsurvey
BUT there are current partner of LimeSurvey having complete tool : quexs.acspri.org.au/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archer101
  • Archer101
  • Archer101's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #185049 by Archer101

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose