Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Separate Responses of Same Survey

• Engineerumair
  • Engineerumair's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #182746 by Engineerumair
Separate Responses of Same Survey was created by Engineerumair
Hello,

I need to create a survey for different Classes with class ids

and send invitation to participants enrolled in that classes

each participant has individual ids

I need to present the same questions for participant for the classes he/she is enrolled

after completion of the survey I need to show the responses class wise

Can you please let me know that it can be done with existing module or I need to develop it myself?

If I need to develop myself, then please guide me what to do?
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 week ago #182757 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Separate Responses of Same Survey
Hi,
what is "completion of the survey"?

After you got all your responses?
Well, then you will do your analysis in a statistic tool where you can group the results. Usually you export the data, and analyze with SPSS, PSPP, EXCEL, OpenOffice, or ...
That's the normal way.

Or do you mean, if one respondent completed the survey?

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Engineerumair
More
5 years 1 week ago #182774 by Engineerumair
Replied by Engineerumair on topic Separate Responses of Same Survey
I mean after getting all responses.

I didn't find any option to separate responses according class id.

I mean, I need a way where participant can know which course he is going to submit answers and he can fill survey for all courses he/she is enrolled.

Once he answered for all courses, he couldn't submit next time.

On admin side I should collected information for different courses.
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #182779 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Separate Responses of Same Survey

I didn't find any option to separate responses according class id.

No, not in LS. The statistics here are very raw, just to have a quick overview during the survey.
In no case to do a real analysis.

I mean, I need a way where participant can know which course he is going to submit answers and he can fill survey for all courses he/she is enrolled.

Your survey is a token based survey, isn't it?
You can use token attributes to set which courses this participant may answer to.
But that's a bit theoretic.
I still do not know anything about the structure and the aim of your survey.
So, as usual, the best is, you send a sample file as *.lss, that we see a bit clearer.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Joffm.
  • Engineerumair
More
5 years 1 week ago #182783 by Engineerumair

Your survey is a token based survey, isn't it?

Yes it is token based.

You can use token attributes to set which courses this participant may answer to.

But the token is just to allow participant to answer the survey questions not to create a course on that, and I can't have multiple tokens for single participant

I still do not know anything about the structure and the aim of your survey.

I need to create survey for courses the students enrolled in

I need to group student (each student has unique id) on the basis of class number or class id

so that students can send responses to individual course, but every course has same questions

Student should know which courses he is going to evaluate
  • holch
More
5 years 1 week ago #182804 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Separate Responses of Same Survey
I have also a hard time to understand what you are trying to do.

I assume your students are enrolled in various courses and you know which courses they are enrolled in. If this is the case, you can add custom attributes to your token table that store the courses a specific student is enrolled in. Then you create questions for each course and only show them to those students, that are enrolled in the course via checking the custom attributes of the token table and use relevance equations to show or hide the questions for a specific course based on this.

If this is not what you are trying to do, please be more specific and explain better what your problem is.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Engineerumair
More
5 years 1 week ago #182805 by Engineerumair

I assume your students are enrolled in various courses and you know which courses they are enrolled in.

Yes they are enrolled in various courses

But I don't need to hide and show questions on the basis of courses, although I need to show responses for each courses individually.

Example: we have the following courses

Machine Learning , Image Processing and Computer vision

I have same questions for all courses, and I got total 2000 responses, how could I know which of them are for Machine Learning, Image Processing and Computer vision

I need to collect responses for each course and also to restrict students to respond to course they are enrolled with.

How can I add custom attribute to token table?
More
5 years 1 week ago #182831 by jelo
  • holch
More
5 years 1 week ago #182838 by holch
I am still not clear about your question.

Did you already run the study with 2000 respondents and now want to find out what they actually rated? Then it depends on how you programmed your questionnaire if this is even possible.

Now if you are currently planning on creating your questionnaire, then I personally would create one question group per course that you offer (if the number of courses is reasonably low and you don't have too many questions per course) and hide/show the question group per course depending on custom attributes that you include into the token table.

Now if you have a lot of courses, so you would have to create loads of question groups, it might not make sense. Then you need to ask yourself how many courses one person will have as a maximum and create this number of question groups. Then you pipe in the course you want them to evaluate from the custom attributes in the token table.

Or: you give a person more than one token, so you use one token per course per participant.

However, to help you there we would need to know exactly the circumstances of your project described clearly. At the moment I have the feeling that we don't understand you and you don't understand us.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• Engineerumair
More
5 years 1 week ago #182855 by Engineerumair
I am planning to create a questionnaire, but I need the questions should be added only once, but it should be showed multiple time for a student.

I am going to create this Questionnaire for University courses so there are multiple departments and courses.

I need to have a single survey with only 10 questions but these questions should be repeatedly shown to students for different courses.

He should answer to questions on the basis of Course and then I can know which could get what kind of responses.

E.g: Welcome to the survey

Please submit the answers for Machine Learning (class id : 12321)
Q1 The Course was properly planned?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor
Q2 The Course was made easy to understand?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor
Q3 The Course material was provided on time?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor
Please submit the answers for Deep Learning (class id : 12343)
Q1 The Course was properly planned?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor
Q2 The Course was made easy to understand?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor
Q3 The Course material was provided on time?
a) Excellent
b) Average
c) Poor

and so on for other courses.

Note: The Course Name can be repeated but not class id
  • holch
More
5 years 1 week ago #182858 by holch
OK, now we are talking. This is a lot clearer now.

First: Limesurvey does not have a Loop feature, that means it can not automatically repeat questions on the fly.

For your question structure I would actually not use 3 separate questions, but use one Array question with 3 subquestions, as the scale is always the same 3 answer options.

Now I only see the following options:
1. You create a survey with only the question(s) for one course and give each student one link/token per course they are taking.
2. You create a survey and copy the question(s) you want to ask X times (maximum amount of courses one student might take) and then include the courses taken into the token table and pipe the Course name and Class ID into the question text dynamically. This still means that you need to create copies of the question(s) to a certain extend, but you don't need to do it for each and every course
3. Create a copy of the question for each course and show only those questions that the student has taken (from the custom attributes in the token table that you will create). However, if you have a lot of possible courses, this might not work for you.
4. Use a different survey tool that has a loop feature.

I think the most practical version from a developers point is version 1, but it might not be ideal for the respondents. But university students should be able to handle more than one evaluation link/token.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Engineerumair
  • Engineerumair
More
5 years 1 week ago #182866 by Engineerumair
Thanks for providing complete detail, I can use survey for more than 50 courses and I need to change the source code, If I can be able to have this by changing code, can you please let me know the starting point to start with and I could be able to know which module should be changed.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose