Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Confidentiality of participants?

• canderson2
  • canderson2's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182323 by canderson2
Confidentiality of participants? was created by canderson2
I looked through the forums to see if this has been answered before but I'm not sure ...

I have a survey - I am going to be putting the link on a poster for public recruitment.

I want the public (those interested) to be able to type the URL into a web browser, complete the pre-screening, and if eligible, fill out my survey...

I don't want any of their information: I don't want them to enter an email address, their name, etc. It all has to be completely confidential. I can't distribute tokens to participants manually because I'm not supposed to have any contact with them.

Forgive me - I tried reading the manual and I still don't really understand what to do!

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #182325 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Confidentiality of participants?
What is your question though?

If you can run Limesurvey without tokens?

Yes you can. It's actually the default behaviour. Just don't switch into closed modus when asked during the activation of your survey and do not create a token table at any time.

Then you can just distribute the URL that is offered in the admin interface and anyone who knows the link can participate.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by holch.
  • canderson2
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182327 by canderson2
Replied by canderson2 on topic Confidentiality of participants?
I guess my question is:

Can the public fill out my survey without having to put in their name, an email address or any other personal information?

If they do fill out the information in the picture attached, will I have access to it? I don't want to be notified of any names or email addresses of the participants.

• holch
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182328 by holch
You have made a setting for this to appear. This is not standard behaviour. You allowed public registration and you set the survey to closed mode.

Get rid of the closed mode and do not allow public registration and the link you receive in your backend will be acessible to anyone.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182329 by holch
See here: manual.limesurvey.org/survey_participant..._public_registration

Don't switch to the closed mode, don't create a token table and down allow public registration and anyone who has the link can participate without token, without registration. Totally anonymous.

To get these screens, you must have actively set the survey to closed mode and you must have actively allowed public registration at some point.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ritapas, canderson2
  • canderson2
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182331 by canderson2
Replied by canderson2 on topic Confidentiality of participants?
Gotcha!

Perfect, thank you so much for your help :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose