Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question type that allows expanding list

• izzysteve
  • izzysteve's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175381 by izzysteve
Question type that allows expanding list was created by izzysteve
Hi,

Is there a way that I can ask a question and the user is able to provide as many answers as they like, but each answer is a separate value in the database.

As a rather simple example: I have a question "What are the most regular items you buy at the supermarket (up to 10 items)". There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

At the moment I use a long text field and ask them to separate answers on separate lines.

I am trying to integrate LimeSurvey questionnaires to my own app/database and it would assist if I can get these values as separate entities.

Thanks,
Steve
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #175383 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Question type that allows expanding list

izzysteve wrote: There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

There is no question type available.
There are workarounds available. But you will have to define the max. number of fields.
A simple workaround for expanding is using subquestion relevance. If a text field is filled, the next field is displayed to enter more. Not the same quality as +/-, but doable without javascript.

www.limesurvey.org/de/foren/can-i-do-thi...plicate-field#173668

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • izzysteve
  • izzysteve's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175385 by izzysteve
Replied by izzysteve on topic Question type that allows expanding list
Ok, thanks, that workaround might just be good enough for my needs.
More
5 years 6 months ago #175428 by surveySn
Replied by surveySn on topic Question type that allows expanding list
Mandatory:OFF

You try it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose