Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Drop-off rate

• civitates
  • civitates's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #169161 by civitates
Drop-off rate was created by civitates
Hi everyone,

I´m currently writing my Master thesis and I need to analyze the drop off rate. I read in the manual that I should use google analytics for that. I already activated google analytics in the settings. But my problem is the following: I use LimeSurvey via an cloudapp from my university so I don´t know which URL I should use for google analytics. Does anyone of you know which URL I have to take or if I can analyze the drop off rate in a different way?
Unfortunately, I don´t have any programming skills.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #169166 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Drop-off rate

civitates wrote: I read in the manual that I should use google analytics for that. I already activated google analytics in the settings.

What kind of dropoff rates do you need? Can you post a URL, where I can see the manual section about that topic?

LimeSurvey isn't offering a realtime dropoff analyzing feature.
But depending on your needs a responseexport can be run analyzed with your stats program.
You don't risk issues with sending data to google analytics. You get the drop off data from all people.
Google Analystic can offer opt-out features.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #169171 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Drop-off rate
If you mean with "drop-off" rate what I assume, I agree with Jelo. Don't go the Google Analytics route, it might not even give you the correct rate.

I assume you want to calculate the % of those that start the survey vs. those that finish. The question is, do you want the drop-off rate for the whole survey, per question, etc.

You can download all responses, including the none complete ones (As soon as someone starts the questionnaire, LS creates a database entry) and check for "last page". With that you can determine where in your questionnaire respondents dropped out.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• civitates
More
5 years 10 months ago #169175 by civitates
Replied by civitates on topic Drop-off rate
Thank you for your quick answers.

I need the drop off rate per question because I´m analysing the use of different Gamification elements and want to find out at which element people stop answering the questionnaire.

I searched for "last page" but I couldn´t find it (see attachment). Is it not available in Version 2.05+ Build 140226?
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #169176 by holch
Sorry, but your installation is over 4 years old. Having a web application which is accessible via the internet without updates for 4 years is quite reckless. I know it is not your fault, but needs to be said.

Of course I don't have such an old version installed to check. But I think the last page column should be available in your installation.

Can you export your responses and check there, if a column last page exists?

Here is how it looks like in 3.8.1 (the most recent version):

Maybe the column is in the database, but is not shown on the survey response screen.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: civitates
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #169178 by holch
Well, I hope you have a very big sample size and your question order is randomized, because otherwise your analysis will be most probably flawed. Because people who dropped out at earlier questions are not measured later. Maybe one question might be a higher dropout rate if it is position more to the beginning, etc.

• tpartner
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #169184 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Drop-off rate
In 2.05, lastpage can only be seen in the exported data.

Note, lastpage is the last page/group that was successful submitted so may not reflect the last page the respondent actually saw (or had issues with).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #169189 by holch
Thanks Tony for clarifying about "last page" in 2.05.

Building on Tony's remark: This is correct. It is the last page that has been submitted, which means those questions have been answered. So generally, the drop out actually happens on the next page after "last page".

• civitates
More
5 years 10 months ago #169222 by civitates
Replied by civitates on topic Drop-off rate
Thank you everyone for you help :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose