Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Human Subject Research: How to set the condition of "No"

• ychia88
  • ychia88's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #168359 by ychia88
Hi,

I have a consent form in my survey to conduct the human subject research.

Currently, the responses available is Yes and No.

Yes: Proceed to next page.
No: "Thank you for trying to participate"

How do i set the condition that those who click no gets the abovementioned message?

Currently clicking either yes or no will still proceed to next page. - Does using quotas help?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #168377 by holch
You need to set a "zero quota". You create a quota on the answer "No" and set it to "0". You can then define the message and also a URL where to redirect these people. Watch out when testing: Quotas only work when the survey is active. So if you test in preview mode you will not see them working.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ychia88
More
5 years 10 months ago #168386 by ychia88
Hi holch,

Thank you. Then thats explain why mine does not works. Is in preview mode.

Can I check once i activate my survey, can i still amend the survey settings if i realise it is not performing to my requirements?
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #168387 by holch
You can activate and deactivate your survey as often as you want to (before you start your survey!!).

So when you are setting up the survey, you can activate it, check if everything works, deactivate, correct things, reactivate, etc.

Once you are in field (e.g. actual responses are coming in) you should avoid to deactivate your survey. But this is a general rule anyway. Once a survey is in the field, any change to it can be a problem, no matter what survey tool you use.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• ychia88
More
5 years 10 months ago #168388 by ychia88
Thank holch,

In that sense, can i duplicate the current design of my survey, just in case changes is needed after i activate my survey with responses coming in?
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #168389 by holch
Not sure what you mean with "duplicate the current design".

While a survey is active, many things in the survey can not be changed (I think it is adding questions, adding subquestions, adding answer options, etc.). I think you can make smaller changes like changes to the text (but be aware, small text changes can have huge impacts on responses!).

So you always, always, always should test your survey very thoroughly before going "online" (e.g. start the data collection), because if you find a problem, you might loose the previous responses collected. This is purely non technical but has to do with the validity of your data. Even small changes to a questionnaire can render previous answers useless.

That said, there is also a technical issue with Limesurvey. Once you deactivate a survey all collected responses so far are being "archived". This means they are not available through the interface anymore. There are ways to get them back (they are stills stored in the database), but it can be tricky sometimes.

Once you reactivate the survey you might be able to import the old answers, but that depends on the level of modification made.

So if I need to make changes to a survey that was active before, I would always do an export of the responses first, just to be on the safe side. You can always join the different datasets in Excel later, if you think it is OK to analyze the previous answers with the answer collected after the changes (which is often not recommendable).

I hope now you can answer your own question.

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ychia88

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose