Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Google Maps Api key in older LS(1.92) giving error, tho i've used api-key

• LemonWrangler
  • LemonWrangler's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166591 by LemonWrangler
Hi Great LS-community,

I have had a working survey(LS v=1.92+) 4 years ago with a googlemaps functionality without api key specified. (just opened at a specific place, to put a mark near that location, nothing fancy like searching or distance calculations, etc)

After copying it recently, i got the typical 'MissingKeyMapError'. (The console only mentions 'js?sensor=false' and the like and i cannot seem to find any 'key=MY-KEY' sort of strings, but then again in displaying the error the page changes, so i might not see the original page at load...)
(Actually i got 3 console messages: 1 warning:'SensorNotRequired', 2 warning:'NoApiKeys', 3 ERROR:'MissingKeyMapError')

So after reading up on those messages, i've generated a key at google and inserted it in the Tools->General->Google Maps API key place ( "MY-KEY" , even tried "key=MY-KEY"), but still "no cookie".

Now i've read a claim that LimeSurvey<2.0 uses API v2 and NOT v3. ( uilots-labs.wp.hum.uu.nl/how-to/location-in-limesurvey/ )
How can i check this?

It seems that currently Google only supports v3. So if thats true, how can i make it work (without upgrading to the current LS version)?

Any confirmation of the information above and/or suggestions in fixing this is greatly appreciated!
Cheers
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #166644 by tpartner
I strongly suggest updating to 2.06 LTS at the very least.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • LemonWrangler
  • LemonWrangler's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #166855 by LemonWrangler
Hi Tony,
Thanks for your reply.
Ofc i will upgrade, but trying to NOT do everything all at once, i'd rather fix this googlemaps now for this survey and AFTERWARDS upgrade.
Can you confirm that the older version does use the older (googleMaps)API version 2 (instead of version 3) and that only from 2.0.6 LimeSurvey uses version3 ?
Thanks in advance!
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #166869 by tpartner
I can say that LimeSurvey 1.92 used API v2. I don't know when the change was made to v3, but 2.05 and newer uses that.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LemonWrangler

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose