Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Re-Open or Export Assessment Messages For Users

• micjman
  • micjman's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #166546 by micjman
Hello,

I am using assessments to give participants custom messages at the end of my survey. The problem is, as soon as they close their assessment message page, it is no longer view-able and there is no apparent option to export these messages to a file for capturing what rule was applied to that participant.

Is there a way to re-open a participants Assessment message screen?

Example: Students take a 5 survey and prints their result from home, but as the teacher you also want to see the message a student got based on your assessment rules, in the event you need to reprint it without them doing the survey again.

Is there a way to bring up the page displayed to that particular user on the admin side?

And/or, is there an easy way to 'Pipe' part/all of the assessment custom message parts to the excel export file? For example, if the message says either "You are ready to start section 2" and another says "You are ready to start section 4" of a math textbook, could I "pipe" the '2' and the '4' to be a new column in the export file?
If so how?
I tried Assessment_Current_Total as part of a hidden equation question, but apparently there is a bug in the version I am using where Assessment_Current_Total no longer works.

Thanks for any advice, still very new to this program.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 11 months ago #166547 by jelo

micjman wrote: I tried Assessment_Current_Total as part of a hidden equation question, but apparently there is a bug in the version I am using where Assessment_Current_Total no longer works.

You might add your comment at this bugreport to get that fixed. Seems to be more often used than I thought. bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12950

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • micjman
  • micjman's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #166552 by micjman
Yeah Jelo, I think this has been reported as bug before, and they are working on it - but I was hoping there might be a work around in the meantime for assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL. One thought I had was to use the the '.value' expressions and write it all out. For example, when I add an equation question at the end of a group, I thought I could use {796918X38X257.value} which works fine to capture the assessment value for that question, and then use something like {796918X38X257.value+796918X38X258.value+796918X38X259.value} to make a sort of fake assessment_Current_Total. Oddly though, subtraction works fine with this logic. For example, this works {796918X38X257.value-796918X38X258.value-796918X38X259.value} and so does {796918X38X257.value/796918X38X258.value/796918X38X259.value} for dividing, and so does '*' for multiplying. However, for some reason, every time I try to use the (+) sign, either nested or not, it just gives me to side by side results, e.g. 2+2 = 22 instead of 4, even though 2-2 = 0.
Got any thoughts about this? Thanks again, you've helped me twice already.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 11 months ago #166554 by tpartner
That's because Expression Manager is seeing those values as strings so concatenates them instead of adding.

Try:

Code:
{sum(796918X38X257.value, 796918X38X258.value, 796918X38X259.value)}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose