Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey in multiple langauges

• RaCMJS
  • RaCMJS's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #154436 by RaCMJS
Survey in multiple langauges was created by RaCMJS
I have a few question about administering a survey in multiple languages. This is the first time I am using this feature.

1. Is there an option to select a language that is not on the list? If I have a template that hides all instructions, can I just choose one of the languages on the list and use it for my needs? Or is there an option to add a language? I need Russian and Ukrainian. I only see Russian.

2. I can't seem to paste in the Cyrillic characters and for them to save. Once I paste them in and save, all I get is ???????. What am I doing wrong?

3. From reading some of the forum entries it seems that it is possible to display the language picker only on the first page (I want this set and to be changed throughout the survey). This is done in the template? If you could point me to instructions that would be very helpful.

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #154692 by elissa
Replied by elissa on topic Survey in multiple langauges
Hi,
1. I'm afraid that you cannot select a language that is not on the list but I can see Ukrainian on the list (v2.65). This is not a complete translation but you can add some translations yourself if you miss any phrases.
2. This is probably a problem of text coding and fonts but I cannot help.
3. Try the default template. I can see the language switcher on all survey pages and can change language at any time. There is a tag {LANGUAGECHANGER} in the starpage.pstpl file (see the template editor) responsible for showing the language switcher.

Cheers

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose