Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Modify file upload question to allow selection of files already in the server

• rholguinc
  • rholguinc's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #145400 by rholguinc
Hi,

We are using LimeSurvey to gather data from newspapers, at the end of our survey we add a file that contains the news article for further review. We have all the relevant articles in a shared folder in our server, and we would like to avoid multiple copies of the articles throught our server. Question is: ¿is it possible to modify the file upload question in order that, instead of allowing to upload a file, would allow to access the server's folder that contains all the relevant articles?

I'm guessing that LimeSurvey uses KCFinder to allow the upload of the files, ¿any ideas on how to configure it to achieve that while keeping LimeSurvey functionality to download the files of specific answers?

Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago #145442 by DenisChenu
File upload don't seems to be the best option : file upload create a ne file each time.

Think best is to use a multipe short text question, create a javascript open the "directory" in an iframe, when user click an directory : you set the url to one of short exte question.

If your article are fixed : do it directly with a ranking question type for example , not rank : just choose.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose