Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add additional attributes at import

• Zirys
  • Zirys's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #144611 by Zirys
The manual states that it is possible to add additional attributes at import of participants via .csv files. It states that the definition of attributes should be done as follows:
firstname,lastname,email
attribute_1 <Casenr>; token; attribute_2 <Title>; attribute_3 <destination>; lastname; firstname; attribute_4 <Sender>;

I read this the following: The .csv file that is supposed to be imported as the definition of columns in the first row (Firstname,lastname,email) and then should define unknown attributes in the second row. Is this correct? It does not work.

Specifically, I want to insert an additional column called "ac". I would like to see this column also in the "Survey participants" table in Limesurvey. As of now, I included "attribute_1 <ac>;" in row 2 but this does not work. How should i do this instead?

Thanks in advance for useful suggestions.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #144618 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Add additional attributes at import
I have seen this in the manual, but I am not sure if this is really the way to go. Reading the manual you could assume that this might be the case, but I don't think so. Try to keep it all in the first line, maybe then it works.

But I think the best way to do this, is to create the attributes in the back end first, then create one case manually and export the CSV. Then you can see how the CSV must look like for the import.

So the first line is usually the header, and the lines below are already the cases.

Here a description which might not be 100% accurate anymore, because it is from 2012, but the principals should be the same still today: www.limesurvey-consulting.com/limesurvey...on-token-attributes/

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Zirys
More
7 years 4 months ago #144628 by Zirys
Replied by Zirys on topic Add additional attributes at import
Thanks, it worked. If one adds this attribute manually to the participant table, and names it "ac", one still has to name it "attribute_1" in the import .csv file. Then, it works.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 4 months ago #144666 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Add additional attributes at import
Can you give the link to the manual ? Seems there are an error

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Zirys
More
7 years 4 months ago #144667 by Zirys
Replied by Zirys on topic Add additional attributes at import
This was the original part in the manual that was not properly explaining what to do: manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#CSV_import

The link of holch worked fine for me
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 4 months ago #144733 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Add additional attributes at import
Manual fixed

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose