Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

corrupt Excel export files on Limesurvey 192+ build 120919 on 1and1 Webspace

• scmgsandy
  • scmgsandy's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #140893 by scmgsandy
I have installed Limesurvey 192+ build 120919 on my 1and1 webspace and imported a survey that was running on the same revision of Limesurvey but on a webfusion webspace. The survey seems to work correctly until I get to the stage of exporting the results to an Excel file.
The file is downloaded. but when I try to open the file, Excel tells me the file contents do not match the file extension, and when I open the file it is just unintelligible gibberish.
Can anyone please help
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by scmgsandy.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 8 months ago #140901 by tpartner
I'm sorry, that LimeSurvey version is far too old for us to debug. Please upgrade your version to 2.06 stable (at least) and retest.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • scmgsandy
  • scmgsandy's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #140905 by scmgsandy
I understand your answer, however the 1and1 hosting platform I have does not support PDO on MySQL, so as far as I am aware I am unable to upgrade to any of the Version 2 installs of Limesurvey. I just wondered if anyone else out there has had a similar experience on 1and1. I do haver a work around in that exporting to CSV files works OK. I just have to remember to monitor for any extra long text submissions. I also note that exporting to a .doc file works OK.
  • holch
More
7 years 8 months ago #140911 by holch
You should really think about upgrading. If your hoster can't support the requirements of Limesurvey (which are not very demanding) you should even think about getting a new host.

Your version is pretty old (almost 4 years now, which is an eternity in web applications) and it is not supported with bug fixes or security fixes.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose