Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

time delay after wrong answer

• max12
  • max12's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #134744 by max12
time delay after wrong answer was created by max12
Hi there,

I want subjects in an experiment to work on a right answer for a question. The correct answer is validated. The problem is now that subjects could start guessing. Is it possible to build in a time delay? So if subjects have typed in a wrong answer and hit continue, they will not only stay on the same page (because their solution is not the validated one), but they also cannot immediately type in a new answer, but have to wait something like ten seconds? Many thanks for your help!
The topic has been locked.
  • max12
More
7 years 11 months ago #135093 by max12
Replied by max12 on topic time delay after wrong answer
Here is the complication: Subjects already face a time restriction, that is they have to find an answer for the question within 5 minutes otherwise their time is up and they are sent to the next screen without having answered the question. So what I want is basically a double time restiction, one that enables the continue button after let`s say 10 seconds to prevent subjects from simply guesing and second the general time limit of 5 minutes. Has anyone an idea how to implement that?
More
7 years 11 months ago #135440 by first
Replied by first on topic time delay after wrong answer
Can be done with javascript setTimeout function...

Similar question has has - 6 votes on stackover flow but may be it will give you an idea.
stackoverflow.com/questions/16242284/how...utton-for-30-seconds

Survey Designer and Programmer
More
7 years 11 months ago #135441 by first
Replied by first on topic time delay after wrong answer
Found something here as well

Survey Designer and Programmer
  • max12
More
7 years 11 months ago #135951 by max12
Replied by max12 on topic time delay after wrong answer
There is simple workaround that worked for me: in the general settings ther is an option "navigation delay". It allows to put a time delay on displaying the continue button. It does through throughout the survey with all continue buttons and unconditioned, but that was ok for me.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose