Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limiting access to statistics for "election observers"

• voteref01
  • voteref01's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #131943 by voteref01
Hello there !

We would like to use Limesurvey in order to help us organise an electronic vote. For this we would like to give access to as many observers as desired, who should only have access to statistics, and nothing else.

This has already been discussed in this topic , but it doesn't work for me, or maybe I have misunderstood the initial request ?

When I do as advised, and only set the permission to view statistics, in a particular survey properties (see 1st screen capture), and do not set any global permission for the user (see 2nd screen capture), the user cannot see any survey in the list of surveys. If I set the "view/read" permission for surveys (3rd screen capture), the user can see statistics, but they can also see the invitations, and, worse, they can even see the tokens ! That would allow a malicious user to see which token hasn't been used yet, and vote in lieu of the legitimate voter !

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bruno
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #132008 by holch
What about the public statistics feature? OK, everyone who has the link could see the results, so this might not be an option.

I can't help with solving the problem within the user system. Hopefully someone else can skip in.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• voteref01
More
8 years 1 month ago #132033 by voteref01
Hello Holch, thanks for your answer, but I don't know what you mean by "public statistics". I'm fairly new to Limesurvey so I may have missed something, but I think I browsed all the menus and didn't notice anything like public stats. Where do you configure that ? It could in fact be ok for what I want.

Thanks,

Bruno
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132034 by holch
In the advanced setting of each question you can check if you want to show them in the public statistics or not.

There is a link that can be accessed (usually shown at the end of the survey), where respondents can see the results to the questions that you liberated for the public statistics.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132035 by holch

• voteref01
More
8 years 1 month ago #132064 by voteref01
Thanks Holch, it works. I will now see with the other people involved if this is acceptable. A link leading to the public statistics page is included on the page every voter sees when he reaches the end of the voting process. So every voter can see thoses statistics, not only people to whom you give the URL...

Thanks again anyway ! I'm just a bit puzzled by the way the permissions work...

Bruno
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132093 by holch
There might be a bug in the permission system, but I don't have the time to look into this at the moment.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132117 by Ben_V

A link leading to the public statistics page is included on the page every voter sees when he reaches the end of the voting process. So every voter can see thoses statistics, not only people to whom you give the URL

An option is to place a cookie in the end message and find a way to check in the statistics page if this cookie exist... If not, redirect somewhere on the web..

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose