Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Embedding a video or audio file hosted on a server with a password protection

• Csurvey
  • Csurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #131558 by Csurvey
Hi everybody,
I am looking for the way to implement a protection for a video/audio file that would be displayed (embedded in a survey page).

The video ressource must be protected by a login/password to access the server/file but after some researches, i do not know how to do that on limesurvey.

Is anybody using this kind of feature or can you give me some informations in order to do that ?

Many thanks by advance.
Best,
Chris.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #131808 by DenisChenu
ALready answered on french part : not possible except adding user/pass in link.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by DenisChenu.
  • Csurvey
More
8 years 1 month ago #131815 by Csurvey
Denis, Sorry to insist; I did posted in English at first and after in French (for non english users), i was not aware it was a concern, sorry for that.
I am doing this for a research and it is why i have complicated things to think about like license and security.

I think the simplest solution is having the resource file hosted on LS server with a token access to the survey.

My last concern is that if uploaded, you said it will be in "upload/surveys/numeroquestionnaire/files" ; as i operate from an account on a multi-user LS, is there a possibility that the other users access to that file, like they can access to the different templates ?

Many thanks for your patience.
Best,
Chris
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #131817 by holch
Problem with posts in various forums is that the question might be already respondet, but you don't need it anymore. This takes time from the responders who do this in their spare time.

For example, as I do not speak French, I will not read the posts in the French forum. So I might write my response here and it would be useless, because Denis had already respondet in the French forum. Just to explain why this is a problem. We only have a certain time for responding here and if it is spent on something that was already respondet, this time is missing for unresponded questions. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #131818 by tpartner
As far as I know, without FTP access, only admins with access to your survey can access the files in that directory through the "Resources" tab.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 month ago #131851 by DenisChenu

tpartner wrote: As far as I know, without FTP access, only admins with access to your survey can access the files in that directory through the "Resources" tab.

No,

All files in survey files upload are accessbible if the user know the filename.
This is a problem with user uploaded file : demonstration.sondages.pro/upload/survey...s/fu_dmqbrhiteji52h9

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #131853 by tpartner
Yes, of course, but not through the interface!

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Csurvey
More
8 years 1 month ago #132115 by Csurvey
Hello Tony and Denis,
thanks a lot for your response.

If the file can not be accessed directly by the interface for other "creators" who share an account on thie limesurvey server installation
i think it is pretty ok.

I mean :
my survey users would authenticate by a token- clicking on the survey link, and can not access the ressource file by an other way (moreover they would sign an informed consent about not copying- recording the file as requested by the license)
and
other lime survey "creators" would not have the name of the file. Unless the upload repertoire could be reached and read; but if i am not mistaking, as a lime survey "creator" i do not have the right to log on the upload repertoire with a FTP, i can just upload ressources by pasting in the editor.

Many thanks again for your help.
Best,
Chris

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose