Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

upload label set / question other than .lsl / .lsq

• FranzGerbig
  • FranzGerbig's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131076 by FranzGerbig
Hi folks,

is it possible to upload a label set or even a whole question in a format different from .lsl/.lsq (maybe .csv or .xml)?
I'd like to implement a list of many organisations, directions and stuff between the participants should be able to choose in an array or a multiple choice list.

Some idea?

Thanks a lot
bilo

using LS 3.13.2+180709
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #131080 by holch
I don't really understand the question, as .lsl and .lsq should be just XML files...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• FranzGerbig
  • FranzGerbig's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131095 by FranzGerbig
Replied by FranzGerbig on topic upload label set / question other than .lsl / .lsq
soory, we should forget about the xml

using LS 3.13.2+180709
More
5 years 4 months ago #177922 by domsson
I think what Franz was asking is this:
  • Can I import label sets from a CSV or XLS/XLSX file instead of LSL files?
  • Alternatively, are there tools that can convert CSV or XLS/XLSX files to LSL?

I know this thread is old, but I'm also interested in this, mainly out of curiosity.
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 4 months ago #177925 by holch
You can copy directly from XLS/XLSX into the quick add feature. This should do the trick. I don't think there is an import option. There are no tools to convert CSV/XLSX to LSL.

What you could do is export a sample LSL, see how the structure is and then script it.

But I think with the quick add feature it is quite simple to add label sets. You can put the answer option code in one column and the labels in the other. When you copy both and paste them in the quick add field it recognizes the columns and inserts them accordingly as answer option code and the respective label. You can use this with fairly big lists.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: domsson

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose