Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

File uploads

• ahnitaner
  • ahnitaner's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #128062 by ahnitaner
File uploads was created by ahnitaner
Dear sirs,

A questionnaire contains a statement asking respondents carry some files at all times they access throughout the year.
It is configured so that each respondent can access it several times and put as many files as needed in this matter.

Well. Respondents are complaining that they can not see the files already loaded ...

Example:
John Doe accessed the questionnaire at the end of the meeting this morning, answered several questions and the last to enter the minutes, the list of participants and the document generated by the discussion.
  • He entered the minutes
  • Entered the list of participants (and no longer able to see the minutes) and
  • Inserted the resulting document (and can no longer see the above, only this later).

Someone broke suddenly into the room, spoke to him, the phone rang (spoke to the classroom colleague and yet another on the phone, he put on speaker) and return the questionnaire, was lost, did you know that you entered the right file (which contained the list of participants of today's meeting) or the file of the enrolled in the seminary who articulated for next week, on a totally different subject. Your files have generic names very similar.

And now, he needs to see everything you entered before sending definitively ... fix what might have done wrong ...

Best wishes,
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago #128092 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic File uploads
Your LimeSUrvey version ? The Survey settings ?

With good settings and version : it work : user can view existing files etc ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ahnitaner
More
8 years 4 months ago #128111 by ahnitaner
Replied by ahnitaner on topic File uploads
Version 1.92+ Build 120919

Settings of this survey:
No limit for uploads
All file formats allowed
No cookies avoiding repeatedly answers

Best wishes,
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 4 months ago #128114 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic File uploads
Hi, you are using a version of LimeSurvey that is older than 3 years. I would suggest testing this on a newer version. Most people that supply answers here do not have these old versions anymore...

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • holch
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #128115 by holch
Replied by holch on topic File uploads
If you read this line carefully you can probably answer your own question:
"Version 1.92+ Build 120919"

But now seriously: You are working with a version that is over 3 years old and there have been many changes and improvements (we are at the moment at 2.06 as stable version with 2.5 around the corner).

It doesn't make sense to put feature requests and such when not using the latest version of the software, because what you are looking for might be implemented for a while now (don't know, but this is a general comment).

I would say that you first try if the newest version does what you need. If there is still something that doesn't work, then you might do a feature request.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by holch.
  • ahnitaner
More
8 years 4 months ago #128117 by ahnitaner
Replied by ahnitaner on topic File uploads
Thank you all.

Best wishes,

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose