Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Same user (token) providing multiple responses and being able to edit later

• spogue
  • spogue's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #120541 by spogue
I've found similar questions/answers/workarounds but none that seem to fit my need.

I need to present a survey that can potentially be answered by the same person (one response for each "product" out of their area) but they will want the ability to edit the response after submitted, if needed.

(BTW, they would also like to clone an earlier response but that's extra credit at this point)

Setting "Allow multiple responses" along with Anonymous = No would seem to be the ticket but I cannot create a new response via public registration due to the same email address message.

Is there a workaround to accomplish this? I saw a similar need addressed by bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=2982 but it was for an earlier version of LS, it seems since none of the required files exist in 2.05+

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by spogue.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #120553 by tpartner
I don't think you can get there. As far as I know, you can EITHER create a new response OR edit an existing response, not both. (if allowing multiple responses, there is no way to identify which to edit)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • spogue
  • spogue's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #120557 by spogue
I think I may have found a way. I used the remote control API to add a participant and invite. It provided a URL pattern of http://host/limesurvey//index.php/survey/index/sid//token//lang/en/newtest/Y.

I still need to do some more testing but it looks like it will do the trick.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by spogue. Reason: typo

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose