Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Separate surveys correlation

More
8 years 11 months ago #120493 by albe
Separate surveys correlation was created by albe
Hi guys,
I'm currently using Limesurvey for a couple of anonymous surveys, with access limited with the use of one time tokens.
Basically it's for a non-profit organization that provides some information about internet security, safe browsing and so on to teens/pre-teens (in schools) and their parents (with two separate surveys).

We are currently thinking of the best way to keep the surveys anonymous, while being able to correlate the survey of each student to the one of his/her parent.
We are printing out the 2 tokens (one for the child survey, one for the parent one) on the same label and handing them during the lessons, so we have an association "tokenChild-tokenParent", but as far as I know the token used to complete a specific survey is not an information that is saved on Limesurvey DB...

Obviously we could modify the surveys but I'm still wondering what's the best way to do it.
Could you suggest a solution?
Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #120503 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Separate surveys correlation
With anonymous surveys, there is absolutely no connection between the token table and the data table. I think you will need to set the surveys to non-anonymous.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 11 months ago #120536 by jboogie21
Replied by jboogie21 on topic Separate surveys correlation
I have seen in other threads that you could put something in the actual survey that helps link the two, but then the question becomes why not just make the survey non-anonymous.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose