Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problems running installation script

• micaldas1
  • micaldas1's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #183309 by micaldas1
Problems running installation script was created by micaldas1
HI,
I'm trying to install limesurvey3.17.1+190408.zip in a new Ubuntu 18.04 vps, with Apache and mysql.
I followed the steps in the installation manual but, when I accessed example.com/limesurvey/admin , I get this error message:
Code:
0) { define('YII_DEBUG', true); if($aSettings['config']['debug']>1) error_reporting(E_ALL); else error_reporting(E_ALL &amp; ~E_NOTICE &amp; ~E_STRICT &amp; ~E_DEPRECATED); } else { define('YII_DEBUG', false); error_reporting(0); } } else { error_reporting(E_ALL &amp; ~E_NOTICE &amp; ~E_STRICT &amp; ~E_DEPRECATED);// Not needed if user don't remove his 'debug'=>0, for application/config/config.php (Installation is OK with E_ALL) } if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.3', '<')) die ('This script can only be run on PHP version 5.3.3 or later! Your version: '.PHP_VERSION.'
'); require_once __DIR__ . '/third_party/autoload.php'; /* * -------------------------------------------------------------------- * LOAD THE BOOTSTRAP FILE * -------------------------------------------------------------------- * * And away we go... * */ require_once BASEPATH . 'yii' . EXT; require_once APPPATH . 'core/LSYii_Application' . EXT; $config = require_once(APPPATH . 'config/internal' . EXT); Yii::$enableIncludePath = false; Yii::createApplication('LSYii_Application', $config)->run(); /* End of file index.php */ /* Location: ./index.php */

I have absolutely no idea what this means although I read something about the php version and mine 7, so that musn't be the problem.

As I said, I have no idea what this means and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 11 months ago #183312 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Problems running installation script
That is an error but no error message. The php code is shown as source, which should not happen.
You should retry to complete installation. And if the same issue occurs, you will need to open a bug ticket.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #183317 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Problems running installation script
Are you sure your LAMP environment is setup correctly? You mention Apache and MySQL, what about PHP?

Looks like the PHP code isn't getting parsed.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 11 months ago #183320 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Problems running installation script
before all :

help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

and check with a phpinfo file

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose