Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Mandatory fields coming back blank

• FarmFoodDrink75
  • FarmFoodDrink75's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #181608 by FarmFoodDrink75
Mandatory fields coming back blank was created by FarmFoodDrink75
Hi,

I'm running a consumer survey for a client and, after reviewing the data from the soft launch, we realized that a number of the "completed" survey responses were not actually complete.

Despite completing the last page of the survey, nearly 1/2 of completed participant responses to 4 mandatory questions (list questions with radio response fields, non-randomized) were coming back incomplete. Everything else in the survey is running fine, with the exception of this one group of questions.

I have tested the survey in full and found that a number of my full responses to these questions were also coming back incomplete. I checked the survey parameters and everything seems okay. I checked the data export to see if I could find a pattern as to why the 4 questions were not being completed, and it seems random.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, can you advise?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181609 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank
What is your version of Limesurvey?

I can't really see how this should happen. This doesn't mean it couldn't, of course. Might be a bug, especially as you have tested that your own responses come in as blank as well and I assume you did check if those questions were presented to you (and not hidden via relevance equation, etc).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• FarmFoodDrink75
More
5 years 1 month ago #181611 by FarmFoodDrink75
Replied by FarmFoodDrink75 on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank
Thanks for the quick reply.

We have a subscription to LimeSurvey Pro (expert). Yes, we've checked the survey to make sure the mandatory fields are on, none of the questions are hidden, no set conditions exist for this question, answer responses are non-randomized intentionally...

Based on this, are you thinking it's a bug?
  • holch
More
5 years 1 month ago #181613 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank
If you have a subscription to Limesurvey Pro you can go to "Support" in the top navigation and open a support ticket. Your service provider Limesurvey GmbH should be able to help you with that.

It might be a bug, it might not. Difficult to say with the information provided. Sometimes exporting and importing the survey helps, but you never know.

To determine if it is a bug or not one would need to be able to reproduce the error, but as you are a Limesurvey Pro Customer, you should get in touch with them directly.

Here in the forum the support is mainly given by volunteers and we have no access to your Limesurvey Pro installation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 1 month ago #181614 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank
You still could tell us what version of LimeSurvey is used (look at the bottom of the page).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • FarmFoodDrink75
More
5 years 1 month ago #181615 by FarmFoodDrink75
Replied by FarmFoodDrink75 on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank
Thanks. I think I figured out the bug. The only commonality I could see was that each question possessed one response variable that starts with a: "<". This was changed to "less than" and all seems to be working well. All missing responses are now visible in the data export and within recent tests. Many thanks for your advice here.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181625 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Mandatory fields coming back blank

FarmFoodDrink75 wrote: Thanks. I think I figured out the bug. The only commonality I could see was that each question possessed one response variable that starts with a: "<". This was changed to "less than" and all seems to be working well. All missing responses are now visible in the data export and within recent tests. Many thanks for your advice here.

If it's happen in 3.15.X or up version : can you report the issue with a sample lss (export survey) file ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose