Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add new font to survey

• letty
  • letty's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152720 by letty
Add new font to survey was created by letty
My client would like to use Gotham Rounded font in survey.

Whether Gotham Rounded font is supported by most browser? How could i add a new font to survey?

Kindly advise.

Thanks very much!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152725 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Add new font to survey
There are a few problems around fonts (not a Limesurvey problem, but a general WWW problem).
People might not have installed the font that you want to show, which means they can not see it and it will be substituted by any font. This often looks pretty ugly.
Now there are a few options to solve that. You could upload the font to the web and reference it from there. However, there are often licencing problems, so watch out. Make sure that you are allowed to upload the font. Gotham seems to be a comercial font and even if you have it legally on your computer, it doesn't mean you can use it legally on the web. But looking here www.typography.com/fonts/gotham-rounded/styles/ it seems like the web use is free. So have a look at this website.
Probably it uses some webfont tecnique or something.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• letty
  • letty's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152986 by letty
Replied by letty on topic Add new font to survey
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

I have visited the website you shared. I tried to download the Gotham typeface used for web application but failed. Do you know what is the format of font they offered? is it in .ttf ?

besides, how could i incorporate the font to my existing limesurvey application. I am using version 2.05 for now.

Sorry for so many questions. Much appreciated if you could revert. Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose