Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

is 2.5 really ready for production?

• fradeff
  • fradeff's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131152 by fradeff
is 2.5 really ready for production? was created by fradeff
hello

thank you for limesurvey (ls)

I've upgraded painfully a 160123 test ls to 160206 : some tips to fix template bugs: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=10280

the new interface is great but I have some minor bugs, and a big problem: the blooblueish admin template is not present, so all my ls admins will call me for help!

for me, 2.5 is still in development, and without a look-like blooblueish admin template I can't think about upgrading now

any other people encountering same problems?
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131154 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
for now, updating from 2.06 to 2.5 should be avoid.
There is still some few not critical bugs in 2.5, but new users will have no problem to use 2.5
More
8 years 2 months ago #131155 by alexdp
Replied by alexdp on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
Thank you for this precision.
Now what do you suggest one's do in order to save this condition for a given question ?
As you can see on the attached screen shot of the demo LimeSurvey there is no save button; only a close button.

Alexdp
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131174 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
thank you for reporting (and seeing the footer, there is obviously an unclosed div)
Don't hesitate to use the bug tracker :
bugs.limesurvey.org
More
8 years 2 months ago #131213 by pmonstad
Replied by pmonstad on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
I am a bit concerned about the 2.5 release. My concern is that the release is marked as stable, and 2.06+ users will more or less upgrade to 2.5 by accident because they have no other options when upgrading - and no warning 2.5 is unstable (my thought).

I have been testing 2.5 for some weeks now and it contains a lot of bugs which makes it hard to use in production. I report all known bugs in the bug tracker and developers are doing a great job trying to sort out all reported problems.

I'm worried about how some users will react when odd things happen during use. The LimeSurvey reputation can get harmed, which is really a shame.

I think 2.5 should be called back as unstable. Let us do some more bug hunting before ordinary users do upgrade. The future is bright, but not right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, Ben_V
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #131216 by holch
Replied by holch on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
I agree with you, pmonstad.

2.5 was already withdrawn from the comfortupdate, which is great. But I agree that it should have never received the stable status. If there would be one or two hickups, I wouldn't see a problem. But from the impression I get from the forum it seems to be one of the most unstable 'stable versions' that we had so far.

This doesn't mean that the developers didn't do a great job, I just think the release was labled "stable" too early.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #131219 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?

pmonstad wrote: I think 2.5 should be called back as unstable. Let us do some more bug hunting before ordinary users do upgrade. The future is bright, but not right now.

holch wrote: This doesn't mean that the developers didn't do a great job, I just think the release was labled "stable" too early.

I can't agree more...

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ben_V.
More
8 years 2 months ago #131230 by first
Replied by first on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
Hi I am trying to export responses using "Export responses to application" but when I click on Export then nothing happens. We have already collected data and now we are not able to export the data in any application(CSV,Microsoft Excel,PDF,HTML,Microsoft Word). Please help!!!

Version 2.5RC4 Build 151207
Survey language: Hebrew

Survey Designer and Programmer
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #131234 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?

OMdev wrote: Hi I am trying to export responses using "Export responses to application" but when I click on Export then nothing happens. We have already collected data and now we are not able to export the data in any application(CSV,Microsoft Excel,PDF,HTML,Microsoft Word). Please help!!!

Version 2.5RC4 Build 151207
Survey language: Hebrew

Hi
1: must be updated to "stable" version
2: report bug if it don't work (an hebrew lsa test files can be a good idea)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 2 months ago #131253 by first
Replied by first on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
HI Denis.. Thanks for quick reply..Which stable version you suggest I update to? Any suggestion before updating to avoid any data loss or something?

Survey Designer and Programmer
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #131278 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
Hi OMDev: actually you use RC : Release Candidate .

This one is fully of bug.

The new "stable" release is very young : but you can download it here : www.limesurvey.org/downloads/category/25-latest-stable-release

If you want the old stable release : www.limesurvey.org/downloads/category/25-latest-stable-release
But : maybe you have to hack DB when you try to update to last 2.50 after.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
8 years 2 months ago #131282 by holch
Replied by holch on topic is 2.5 really ready for production?
You are currently on a Release Candidate, as Denis said. So even with the current stable 2.5 having some problems, it is for sure more stable than the 4th release candidate.

So I would backup the database and then update to the latest stable release of 2.5. If the problem still persists, then you should make a bug report.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose