Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LDAP Authentication to Active Directory

• DHewes
  • DHewes's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #130518 by DHewes
Hello Everyone,

Having some difficulty getting LDAP working on a new clean installation of Lime. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I have a clean installation of Lime Survey that is not attempting to contact the LDAP server for authentication. I am not to the point of troubleshooting the LDAP settings such as cn= or uid=, etc. because the server isn't even making an IP connection to the LDAP server. At this point when I run tcpdump -i any -vvv -n host {IP of LDAP server}, and then try to log in using LDAP in the dropdown I see that the server does not make any form of communications to the LDAP server. I have set the IP, version, port, SSL or not, base DN and other settings both in the web UI of the LDAP authentication plugin (and have disabled and re-enabled it) as well as the ldap.php file and the config-defaults.php file and have set enabling to true in config.php. I have confirmed that there is no local firewall or SELinux setting blocking access. I can telnet to the LDAP server over TCP 389 and 636 from the same server. I installed Moodle with LDAP authentication on the same server (with only a single interface and IP bound to the box) and it can perform LDAP authentication just fine to the exact same server. When I telnet or use Moodle authentication I immediately see the traffic in tcpdump. I have tried several variations of the settings and nothing results in Lime tried to connect to the LDAP server.

I am sure I am missing something stupid, but the manual isn't complete in this area so I am unable to find my mistake. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a clean installation of LIME Survey v.2.5 RC7 160122. I previously tried this with v.2.06 and had the same issue.

Again, since LDAP authentication is working perfectly on the same server/web server instance I am inclined to think this is not an OS or PHP issue, but who knows:

The OS is CentOS Linux v.7.2.1511 (Core) in 64-bit
PHP v.5.6.17 (Remi alternative distro)

LDAP PHP Info:
LDAP Support enabled
RCS Version $Id: 8b66ba44ca73bb75a8e8dc1a5b7ab1f8737e2785 $
Total Links 0/unlimited
API Version 3001
Vendor Name OpenLDAP
Vendor Version 20440
SASL Support Enabled
Directive Local Value Master Value
ldap.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
libxml

Thanks for any help!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 5 months ago #143916 by bdeprez
Replied by bdeprez on topic LDAP Authentication to Active Directory
Hi,

did you ever find out what was wrong? I'm interested as we'll be trying LDAP as well...

Thanks,
Bernard
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose